FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reviews, comments, and hints about the new LEGO Batman game

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsocal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reviews, comments, and hints about the new LEGO Batman game Reply with quote

Picked up the new LEGO Batman game as a belated birthday present for my son (he was patiently awaiting for it's release as was I). I have to say it looks great on the xbox360 and there's a lot of real cool additions that I think many here will really enjoy. The level where you get to drive the batmobile is just great mindless fun and I look forward to playing more levels in the weeks to come.

Visit my Official LEGO Factory site: http://tinyurl.com/yrsw7l to buy or download my Mandalorian ships or Space City Modules for FREE.
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to %100 a week or so ago; it's loads of fun, and I especially like the Police Marksman. That hat and rifle are just awesome! Very Happy

Ra's is definitely worth the wait; he's definitely the best character(for reasons aside from the fact that you only get him after completing the whole game).

The character maker was interesting, but I was hoping for more weapons.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the demo and hated it.

I love LEGO Star Wars (all three) and have also played the Indy demo, which was also cool. It just didn't feel...right.

The game mechanics were quite annoying. Not too different, but the changes seemed to compilcate things, taking some of the fun away.

But the big problem is - Batman doesn't excite me. I love the Dark Knight and Begins, but that is more to do with them being good films (and me likingthe darker batman), but the older stuff doesn't do it for me. Heck, I even hated Gotham Knight, which is meant to (but isn't) be part of Nolan's world.

So while this game is good, LEGO has begun to use source material that is too weak to work as a game.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Zombie Typo
Undead!

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fetty wrote:
Heck, I even hated Gotham Knight, which is meant to (but isn't) be part of Nolan's world.
I could barely even understand Gotham Knight... One second you're looking at Anime, the next second you're watching a segment where you can't tell which scenes are present-day and which ones are flashbacks... (Well, it wasn't as bad as all that, but it was still bizarre.)

But to get back on topic; I'm very excited about this game, despite everyone's reports about different gameplay... I'll be getting it soon, hopefully...

Right after I get a 360...

Proud member of the AFEC
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure what Fetty means about "different gameplay" it feels pretty much like any other Lego game.

I think Lego could make any series into these games, and I would still play it. If they made a Spongebob one, i would play it, even though I HATE spongebob.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The added fight mechanics, along with an overall lack of humour/inventivness are the two big changes that ruin it.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed with the lack of certain villians that were available in the DS.

DS gets Firefly and Scarface, and I'd love to see Lego's attempt at them so I can make my own Lego versions.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only played the demo, so these are just from videos and impressions, but I might update this list when I receive my PC copy.

Favorite Character: Scarecrow
Favorite Vehicle: Scarecrow's Biplane
Favorite Level: That level with Scarecrow

If Lego Batman could be different, there should be more levels with Scarecrow.

Uuh...

Favorite Character: Scarecrow
Favorite Vehicle: Batmobile
Favorite level: The Joker's Masterpiece because it has a cool level design and Scarecrow as a playable character

End creepy minifig faces!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: