FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tumbler Batmobile MOC WITH UPDATES!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Tumbler Batmobile MOC WITH UPDATES! Reply with quote

After taking a very long break from MOC work, I've returned (hopefully) to form with this MOC Tumbler. I didn't quite like Lego's official version and Dad wasn't going to get it for me anyway, so I tried to make my own. This sucked my piece collection dry, paticularly of black parts. This was done completely from the ground up and is one of my most ambitious builds to date. I had a difficult time capturing the angular shape of the Tumbler and ended up cheating by painting some pieces black (the wheels were originally orange and the exhuast was originally dark bley). I also was left with a very spacious cabin with room enough for three extra passengers. And no, the Batpod doesn't pop out, and neither does the seat go into attack mode. Still, I'm quite happy with this.

Brickshelf gallery (when public)

><>

Last edited by Jedd the Zombie on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
ZOMBIE Snaaaake?!
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job!

some of the yellow seems not needed, but nice job!

Also Known As snake...SNAKE...SNAAAAKE?! on eurobricks
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You painted some bricks? Honestly if you never meantioned that I would have never noticed.

It looks pretty cool. The Tumbler's design is definatly no walk in the park. So many odd angles along with just a weird shape to begin with.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Zombie Yuhas
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently made several versions of my own Tumbler MOC, so I have been studying how the vehicle looks.

I think yours is a little too narrow in the front, and also it might be a bit too long. It still looks pretty good though.

Overall though, you did a pretty good job. I agree with DD that the Tumbler is pretty difficult to capture in the form of LEGO. I don't think there's too much yellow. I like a few of the gold-like pieces for highlights, and the translucent yellow pieces are accurate, as the Tumbler does have quite a few lights on it.
Zekkbie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! I like it a lot, definately looks like the Tumbler. Very Happy

Will? Mr. Smith? I'VE BEEN DESTROYED!!!!
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all very much for your kind words. The Tumbler is one of the most difficult things I've tried to build. Daniel Yuhas, having seen the Tumbler (one used in the filming of The Dark Knight) in the flesh, I can say it is much smaller than I expected. You're right about all those things, about how it's too narrow in the front and how it's too long. It would be great if you could post a link to your Tumbler so I can pick up some tips.

><>
DekeStarkiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't change a thing, looks great man!
Zombie Yuhas
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedd the Jedi wrote:
Thank you all very much for your kind words. The Tumbler is one of the most difficult things I've tried to build. Daniel Yuhas, having seen the Tumbler (one used in the filming of The Dark Knight) in the flesh, I can say it is much smaller than I expected. You're right about all those things, about how it's too narrow in the front and how it's too long. It would be great if you could post a link to your Tumbler so I can pick up some tips.

I don't know if mine would give you any tips. I still think mine's far from perfect. It's kind of boxy compared to how the real one looks. Mine is a lot smaller than the official LEGO version. In fact, it's about as long as the official one is wide. I tried to get it as small as I could while still being able to fit in 2 figures, and that was especially difficult since Batman's bat ears are so tall.

Anyway, I don't have any pictures of it right now. I'm still thinking of making a few changes to it. Nothing big though. I'll post pictures when I take them.
BigFatZ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Not quite sure about those two 'humps' on top (they're a little too pronounced, imo), but otherwise it looks spectacular.
Wait, what's a '
Z'?
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I was also unsure about the humps, the lovely lady lumps...anyway, I added it for some smoothness of the texture.

><>
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sincere sorries for the double post, but I've updated the Tumbler. I removed the obvious humps on the roof and added more naturalistic greebling. I also switched out the back wheels, replacing them with those from the Harley Quinn Hammer Truck. Let me know what you guys think.

Brickshelf Gallery (apologies for the poor photo quality)

><>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: