FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holy Batmobiles, Batman!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigFatZ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Holy Batmobiles, Batman! Reply with quote

Greetings, FBTB! Long time no see... or read. Anyways, I've been lurking for a long time and decided I should finally post something of my own. So... here is my custom Batmobile collection!

Gallery here (when public)

Classic - a design I based on the 1989/Keaton movie Batmobile. I built this sucker years ago, and imo it was very crude. I actually scrapped it to use parts for my newer models. Still, I liked it, and I would really like to go back someday and re-attempt a better model.

Mini - I realized all my customs were big, which - for the Batmobile - isn't a bad thing... but I wanted something smaller. So, basing it loosely off of the 'The Batman' (cartoon series) 'mobile, I made this "mini."

Tumbler - my own version of Bat-Bale's ride. I made this version about two years ago, using the model (seen in some of the photos) as a guide. Compared with the official LEGO version and the model itself, you can definitely see some flaws and how crude it is, but there's something about it that I love. I wanted to attempt as accurate a version as I could by combining mine with the official set, but I couldn't bring myself to wreck either. So I just compared them and let them live side-by-side.

Tank - this beast was intended to be a "futuristic" Batmobile, but, well... it turned out bigger and chunkier than I hoped. So I refer to it as a 'Bat-tank' (and boat/submarine, just because it seems aquatic to me). It was the rear wheel design that I really wanted in it, and the rest just fell in around it. I'll be honest: this was the last model I made, so it's basically a combination of all the spare parts.

Modern - for lack of a better name, I refer to this version as the 'modern' Batmobile. It's a generic 'mobile, based off of several designs from the shows/movies/comics. This is probably my favourite, mostly just because it all fit together nicely and turned out very sleek.

In some of the photos you can see rigs I've attached to the bottoms. These are just for display purposes and aren't meant to be pretty or even visible (when the models are on display properly). In fact, they're quite ugly, what with the white and all, but they serve their purpose (on the white: I couldn't find any black or grey or even yellow Technic blocks Embarassed).

So that's my collection. I had a few more designs I wanted to put together, but lack of time and parts has prevented that. Maybe someday I'll get back into the cave and whip up a few more... Wink
Wait, what's a '
Z'?
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the Classic Batmobile, particulary because I'm a sucker for the Keaton Batmobile. Only suggestion there if you ever build it again would be to swap out the trans-blue windsheild for a smoke-colored one. Other than that, it's fantastic!

The mini-Batmobile is also very good, as is the modern Batmobile and the Bat-tank (You're right, it does look aquatic). The Tumbler is okay, but I think I'm biased against it because I absolutely hate the Tumbler. You definitely should interchange the trans-blue windsheilds for something darker, though.

Overall, you did a fantastic job with all of these! I look forward to see what you build in the future! Very Happy
Zombie Dragon
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite's the Tank. But the Modern is a close second.

Red Hawk wrote:
Sometimes I wonder why I'm here.
BigFatZ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I really like the Classic Batmobile, particulary because I'm a sucker for the Keaton Batmobile. Only suggestion there if you ever build it again would be to swap out the trans-blue windsheild for a smoke-colored one. Other than that, it's fantastic!

The windows (for both the Tumbler and the Classic) are those colours because, well, I had nothing better. Sad I'm kinda surprised you like the Classic one: looking back now, I think it's offensively chunky. I mean, I still like it... but it's definitely the worst of the batch (imo).

Quote:
The Tumbler is okay, but I think I'm biased against it because I absolutely hate the Tumbler.

Hehe, when I first saw pictures for the "new Batmobile," I was upset. Really upset. But when I saw it in action, it grew on me. Now it's one of my favourite designs. Smile
Wait, what's a '
Z'?
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are pretty impressive work. My favourite is the "modern" Batmobile as it's pretty sleek and quite reminiscent of the 1989 movie Batmobile. The "Bat-tank" looks more like a boat to me, but it looks like a very good one at that. The classic Batmobile isn't too shabby at all either.

><>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: