FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

20007 Mini Republic Attack Cruiser

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liquidcross

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: 20007 Mini Republic Attack Cruiser Reply with quote

"Open fire! All weapons!"

Top view

Back view

The new year is upon us, and with it comes another BrickMaster exclusive Star Wars kit! It's Kuat Drive Yards' popular Venator-class Star Destroyer, affectionately referred to as a "Republic Attack Cruiser." We saw things things often in the prequels, and they've been given more of a "starring role" in the new Clone Wars animated series.

Joining other Mini-sized ships, the RAC model does a good job of shrinking a massive capital ship down to a model you can fit atop a paperback book. Lots of angled pieces were used to give the ship its classic wedged shape. It even includes a transparent 2x2 cylinder to use as a stand! Obviously, the flight deck isn't open, but you wouldn't expect that on such a small-scaled ship. It's still armed with large turbolaser batteries on either side, and the 1x1 cylinders used for the engines look perfect.

The biggest thing holding the RAC back is that it's a BrickMaster exclusive. That's going to limit its collector base, of course. Still, it's a great ship, and well worth the wait.

Ratings (on a scale of 1 to 10):

Parts: 8/10 There's a new (to the best of my knowledge) slope brick in there, and plenty of angled plates. Even if you don't want to build the main model (why wouldn't you?!), it makes good fodder for MOCs.
Minifigs: n/a Mini sets don't include them.
Detail: 8/10 The completed model was larger than I expected, and the mix of gray with crimson accents looks fantastic. I also liked the use of minifig binoculars as the turbolaser batteries. The use of Technic pins as the dual bridges is a bit strange, but it still works.
Playability: 9/10 Capital ships rock by default. The swoosh factor's pretty high on this one!
Price to parts: 8/10 There's quite a few parts in here for what's supposed to be the equivalent of a $5.99 set.
Availability: 2/10 It's for BrickMaster subscribers only, unless you want to go the eBay route. That's sadly going to turn a lot of people off.
OVERALL RATING: 7/10 I liked this kit ever more than the last BrickMaster effort, the Mini Clone Turbo Tank. You can't go wrong with more capital ships, and whoever designed this one did a really great job.

Brickshelf
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: 20007 Mini Republic Attack Cruiser Reply with quote

liquidcross wrote:
There's a new (to the best of my knowledge) slope brick in there...

Might you be referring to this one? If so, it's actually not a new part, but nor is it common...especially in light bley.
liquidcross

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 20007 Mini Republic Attack Cruiser Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
Might you be referring to this one? If so, it's actually not a new part, but nor is it common...especially in light bley.

Yeah, that was the one. My mistake! Sad

Brickshelf
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: