FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

 
 ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoughts on the latest SW parts and figures.

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Voice of Reason



Joined: 17 May 2005
Location: Naples, Florida

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Thoughts on the latest SW parts and figures. Reply with quote

I picked up the new ATT at a Target today and I am actually happy with the new Yoda figure. I thought for sure I'd hate it (I dislike the animated faces on the new figs, especially Mace Windu) but I was surprised with the detail on the head sculpt. It is the new rubbery plastic. Yoda has painted gray hair on the back! The eyes don't look as enormous as I thought they would. I daresay I am starting to prefer it to the old Yoda sculpt.

The new silver sabers add a nice variation. They are silver as if they were painted, not chromed.

The new Super Battle Droid arm with a machine-gun tip is also a nice addition.
_________________
My current
Ebay auctions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TK-425
Destroyed!


Joined: 08 Aug 2008
Location: TK forever! FBTB forever!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the anime face doesn't look bad on Yoda. From the pics I've seen I love the new supers. And you say Yoda has painted grey hair? That is just awesome!
_________________
Am I the only one who sometimes comes here, logs in, and fools around?
Life finds a way. ~Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigospedros



Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK-425 wrote:
And you say Yoda has painted grey hair? That is just awesome!


http://i72.servimg.com/u/f72/12/02/55/49/100_1020.jpg
_________________
I used to post here as "Big Pete" but my account got screwed ...

My Current Lego Collection (thanks Brickset!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DestructiveZombie
Undead!


Joined: 23 Sep 2006
Location: City of Evil, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a hair on your Yoda Wink

Honestly this is one of the few Clone Wars sets I plan on buying. I actually like the look of Yoda, along with the Super Battledroid's new arm. And the Tank itself is nice looking too.
_________________

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
rcpeck



Joined: 14 Dec 2008

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the new arm is supposed to be a projectile launcher as seen in the new clone wars series Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigospedros



Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DestructiveDelirium wrote:
There is a hair on your Yoda Wink


not my photo Wink
_________________
I used to post here as "Big Pete" but my account got screwed ...

My Current Lego Collection (thanks Brickset!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]


Joined: 05 Feb 2005

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I appreciate the helpful photos, I have to again point out our image guidelines:
http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=19237
Specifically, if you're going to embed an image, keep it under 640 x 480. Thanks. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shinzon



Joined: 14 Dec 2008

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i for one am enjoying the "anime" style variety..

now i can have a "yadda" and a yodaa.. h Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth yoda
New Clone on the Block


Joined: 10 Dec 2008

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigospedros wrote:
TK-425 wrote:
And you say Yoda has painted grey hair? That is just awesome!


http://i72.servimg.com/u/f72/12/02/55/49/100_1020.jpg


I just realized that in that picture there's a hair sticking out of his...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Brain Eater
Undead!


Joined: 15 Dec 2008
Location: Eating brainsssss in The Bay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone happen to have a list--not pictures or a list or rumored sets--but just a list of 2009 SW Lego sets that have been released to the public as of today? Thanks. Smile
_________________
You can never eat too many brains, because there will never be a shortage of them. Oh wait, there already was before the zombie outbreak!
You can always eat the brains of fellow zombies for a snack.
Me bite your BRAINSSSSS!


Last edited by The Brain Eater on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinzon



Joined: 14 Dec 2008

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just go tru website and search lego star wars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!


Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Location: A Long Time Ago, but somehow in the Future...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to wait until I own the new AAT to pass judgement of the new Yoda fig.

When I first spotted the box art, the fig didn't sit right with me from the start. It appeared light green, with a Duplo design. I saw some actualy pictures of it off Targets website, and it didn't seem so bad.

The torso is a little upsetting. Not really much to it. Then again, there wasn't much to the original Yoda as well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!


Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Location: Cold and rainy New York

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain wrote:
Does anyone happen to have a list--not pictures or a list or rumored sets--but just a list of 2009 SW Lego sets that have been released to the public as of today? Thanks. Smile


There's really no list, unfortunately. It's all about luck, you might say(contrary to Obi-wan, though). TRU is, however, the best place to find them. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DestructiveZombie
Undead!


Joined: 23 Sep 2006
Location: City of Evil, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain wrote:
Does anyone happen to have a list--not pictures or a list or rumored sets--but just a list of 2009 SW Lego sets that have been released to the public as of today? Thanks. Smile

Or search on Brickshelf "star wars 2009"
_________________

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The Brain Eater
Undead!


Joined: 15 Dec 2008
Location: Eating brainsssss in The Bay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:
The Brain wrote:
Does anyone happen to have a list--not pictures or a list or rumored sets--but just a list of 2009 SW Lego sets that have been released to the public as of today? Thanks. Smile


There's really no list, unfortunately. It's all about luck, you might say(contrary to Obi-wan, though). TRU is, however, the best place to find them. Wink


Yeah, TRU is where I first found out they were actually already being sold, but when I went to the entire Lego Star Wars section on the site, it missed some set is advertised and already had out, such as the Clone bp. Confused
_________________
You can never eat too many brains, because there will never be a shortage of them. Oh wait, there already was before the zombie outbreak!
You can always eat the brains of fellow zombies for a snack.
Me bite your BRAINSSSSS!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Voice of Reason



Joined: 17 May 2005
Location: Naples, Florida

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found all but the battle packs at one of two local Targets.
_________________
My current
Ebay auctions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SW Fan Goosi



Joined: 12 Dec 2008
Location: A galaxy far, far away

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the new Super Battle Droid arms.
_________________
I believe in LEGO Star Wars!

End creepy minifig faces!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CloneZomberor
ZOMGpire!


Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Location: Tim Hortons - Rrrroll up the Rrrrim to Win

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any particular reason why not? I haven't seen them yet and I was just wondering.
_________________


(ΞΞΞΞΞ)><@><||(=======================================
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Zombie_Fisto
Undead!


Joined: 04 May 2007
Location: Zombie infected Boston Garden.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloneEmperor wrote:
I haven't seen them yet and I was just wondering.

Zoom in to get a better veiw on the arm itself.
New SBDs

I think they're good, they resemble the wrist blaster and rocket launcher relatively well.
_________________
ZombieSolo wrote:
/me takes a chunk out of Kit's arm... *nom nom nom*

Vidzombie wrote:
/slurps up Kit's remaining mess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Voice of Reason



Joined: 17 May 2005
Location: Naples, Florida

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now there are actual rubberized lego slopes. The sloped tails of the little speeder in the Assasin Droids battle pack are actually rubber!
_________________
My current
Ebay auctions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigospedros



Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voice of Reason wrote:
Now there are actual rubberized lego slopes. The sloped tails of the little speeder in the Assasin Droids battle pack are actually rubber!


it's not a new part though, I am reliably informed ...
_________________
I used to post here as "Big Pete" but my account got screwed ...

My Current Lego Collection (thanks Brickset!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gingerbeard Man



Joined: 18 May 2007
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigospedros wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:
Now there are actual rubberized lego slopes. The sloped tails of the little speeder in the Assasin Droids battle pack are actually rubber!


it's not a new part though, I am reliably informed ...

However the Assassin Droids Battle Pack seems to be the only set that contains the part? (according to BrickLink).

Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Angular Extension and Flexible Light Bluish Gray Tip - now there's a fancy name!
_________________
Run, run, as fast as you can...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigospedros



Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's unique in that colour ... but not in others Wink
_________________
I used to post here as "Big Pete" but my account got screwed ...

My Current Lego Collection (thanks Brickset!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Voice of Reason



Joined: 17 May 2005
Location: Naples, Florida

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigospedros wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:
Now there are actual rubberized lego slopes. The sloped tails of the little speeder in the Assasin Droids battle pack are actually rubber!


it's not a new part though, I am reliably informed ...


I see now it is in some 2008 Exoforce sets.
_________________
My current
Ebay auctions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blacknight



Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh rubber Lego - blick. Darn little kids always poking their eyes out ruin these sets for everyone. Mad Wink On that note, my S&H flyer shows that the Pirate cannons can shoot again. What's up with that after they were banned years ago?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zombie_Fisto
Undead!


Joined: 04 May 2007
Location: Zombie infected Boston Garden.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blacknight wrote:
Darn little kids always poking their eyes out


Shocked Oh no. Not the sequel to A Christmas Story! Mothers will start using the excuse not to buy lego! "You'll poke your eye out!" Heaven forbid!


I've never been a fan of rubber parts and lego going together. Except for teh Kit Fisto head, that turned out relatively well. Everything else in my opinion should really be, unless it has to be rubber, should be plastic.
_________________
ZombieSolo wrote:
/me takes a chunk out of Kit's arm... *nom nom nom*

Vidzombie wrote:
/slurps up Kit's remaining mess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Al



Joined: 30 May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only 2009 Star Wars sets I own are two Clone Trooper Walker battle packs. As much as I wince to look at those faces, the wonderful armor design makes me overlook this stylistic change in facial appearance. The pieces included were really nice, and the gunner figures are really cool to look at. My only beef was that, for some odd production reason, all the left legs of my clones (both packs) are made of a slightly less-solidly colored white plastic. In other words, they are translucent in certain lights. Otherwise, they look great. I hope I can say the same about the rest of this year's lineup!
_________________
"It seemed impossible, but the 25,000 year-old Jedi Order had vanished. The Sith had finally exacted their revenge."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group