FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two prequel minis

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackninjatom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Two prequel minis Reply with quote

So I've been slacking on my production of minis, although I've been moving, which I count as a good excuse, but I made up for it this week, with some modern jets(not here), a jsf and, p-38.

I always liked the jsf, so I was very compulsive on the design, going through 3 designs in 3 days, but I finally appeased my compulsiveness with what I have. I wanted to get the exhaust tube things on the back of the p-38, and found I was able to add landing gear to the jsf. Surprised

I welcome your critiques,
Thomas

Last edited by blackninjatom on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool minis overall, but I think the JSF looks too tall, I'm wondering what it would look like with one less layer of plates on the top.
The P-38 is just awesome, great work on that.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both look very good.

The JSF does look maybe one plate too tall from a side view, but head-on it looks fine.
roguebantha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The JSF is a fantastic shape, the hands really work well here both to make the shape and for landing gear; I might have to steal that idea Wink
It's the best mini JSF I've seen, even if it could lose a plate in thickness and gain an astromech stud (clone wars centre style might be easier, but still hard not to make look too tall)
And more handy-ness at the back of the P-38, very nice Very Happy
Legostein
MINI Master

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You developped your own style which you can clearly see in both models. They are fantastic! The minifig hand is indeed a part we should remember for finest details. Keep up the work! I hope you sorted your bricks well after moving!

Cheers,

~ Chris
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
blackninjatom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hand is my favorite piece. Cool I've used it for so many things: feathers on the wings of my cherubim (solomon's temple), guns(for micros not custom weapons although they work there also), fins, hands, and now landing gear and exhaust pipes. Very Happy

Anyways the bottom plate on the jsf is basically what holds the thing together, so I can't remove it (the wings can wedge the nose on, but it is VERY fragil, so I prefer that the plate stay there). Also the mini was built around the back fin, so I had to get it that tall, otherwise the canopy wouldn't line up, so it kinda has to be that tall Sad . Now the astromech could be added, but I'm pretty sure some snot would have to be sacrificed, but I will be sure to see how it looks.

Glad you like 'em,
Thomas

edit: some pics comparing astromech and no astromech 1 2 3 (sorry about my sub-par photography).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: