FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MINI Twilight and Porax-38 (Magna Guard) Starfighter

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legostein
MINI Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: MINI Twilight and Porax-38 (Magna Guard) Starfighter Reply with quote

Hello and a happy new year to everyone!

I want to start this year with two models which appeared in the last two issues of BrickJournal, but haven't been presented to this fine community yet. Smile

First, there's the Twilight, a Corellian Engineering G9 Rigger transport. You will know this ship from the Clone Wars movie. When the model was built, there was not much reference material available yet, as it was before the movie was launched, but I tried to include all functional details, like rotating guns, all engines and retracting gun emplacements.

The special "feature" of this model is that it consists of two sub models which slide into each other to give the complete model. It's one of the trickiest models I have ever built, and uses one SNOT brick after another. Smile

Click here or the image below for all pictures: MINI Twilight

PS: Yes, I love the cockpit slope. There is an alternative with 1x1 slopes, but I still like it that way. Razz

Second ship for today is the Porax-38 Starfighter, also known as "Magna Guard Starfighter". Its first appearance is in "Revenge of the Sith" but regarding the timeline it appears before in the "Clone Wars" movie. To build the rounded cockpit shape, two 1x1 slopes were used, attached to a headlight brick. The more tricky part, however, were the wings. I searched for a way to include those twin gun emplacements. But to attach binoculars you need a bar which has to be attached to the wings in a very flat way. Solution was the chainsaw, a very useful piece. Smile

Click here or the image below for all pictures: MINI Porax-38 Starfighter

That's it for today!

Thanks for stepping by and have a great start into the new year!

Yours Chris.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Zombiesoup64
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Twilight is good, but the Magna Guard Starfighter is excellent! Clever use of the saw blades, and I love that touch of purple. Great job!

[quote="Rook"]Can they hire someone who can at least build a ship with a windshield. Idiots.
[/quote]
Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed both. The P-38 is sexier, cause the Twilight's cockpit doesn't look like the slit that it is.
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't get over how ugly the Twilight is. You did a nice job, but my opinion will forever be clouded by how much I dislike that ship.

Now, the Magnaguard SF is really nice. I just built the system version yesterday and it's a nice looking ship. You've done another briliant job in capturing it in micro scale. I may have to build one of those...
Zom-9
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Magna Guard fighter a lot, the detail is great. Smile Good job Chris.

Brickshelf "You ponce in here expecting to be waited on hand and foot, well I'm trying to run a hotel here!"
han_kelsen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knapplc wrote:
I just can't get over how ugly the Twilight is.

I totally agree. It's a great mini, but I hate the ship. Still, both are perfect.
JayfoZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sir, truly are a MINI Master, both of these are just perfect. Great job.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've worked on a p-38 the other day, and I can relate to the trickiness of the ship. Nice use of the chainsaw and binoculars. As for the twi-light, I think you did all you could with that ship.

Again I love the binoculars,
Thomas
Thunder-Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool!

You and banthabricks are the best Mini makers out there!
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The construction of the Twilight would perpex M.C Escher. Well done. Very Happy
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<3 Chris, just <3.

You did absolute wonders for the Twilight. I love that practically every version I've seen in such a scale is such a vast improvement over the 'real' thing.

The P-38, it's just beautiful. Seriously, the highlight of purple looks great. And the use of parts just has win all over the place; the chainsaw, the cheese, the binoculars. And the build of the wings is just very nice indeed.

Awesome stuff Chris
roguebantha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great two-some Chris. The Twilight seems to be universally hated but produces a great mini here Confused It has some really tricky angles well pulled off.
I would never have thought of that splash of purple on the P-38 but it really finishes it perfectly.
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great mini of the Twilight (love the engine!), but the P-38 is perfect! I love the binocs, and the 1x2 purple plates make the ship!
Legostein
MINI Master

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

and thank you very much for your interest and the nice comments! Smile

I agree with you all that the Twilight is not the prettiest ship in the Star Wars Universe, you're absolutely right with that. But nonetheless it was fun puzzling around with the odd shape. Wink

And as you all saw, the colour sheme of the P-38 is orientated more towards the Lego set, while the real model is more sand blue. But I had those 2 purple tiles left which came as extra in a Bricklink order, so... Razz

Thanks again!

Yours Chris.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: