FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clone Wars series question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Clone Wars series question Reply with quote

In the upcoming TV series, it obviously takes place during the Clone Wars, but I have a question. If the series goes all the way through the Clone Wars up until Episode 3, will we be seeing the transition from Phase 1 clone into Phase 2 clone during the series.

I'm asking this because I think it would be interesting to see this change, and how and why the change comes, explained through the series.

Thanks
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at Wookieepedia Phase II armour is listed as having an appearance in the series. As for the reliability of that piece of information, I don't really know.. At least I didn't see any source for that. Could be just speculation.

With 40 episodes confirmed and 100 planned, however, I think the chances are quite high to get the Phase transition introduced into the story in one form or another. After all, the series will focus on the development of the clone trooper forces over the war years, if I have understood correctly.
greivous

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i would reckon we will see transformation, but only time would tell.

Another cw question, will the new series disregard the old Cartoon CW? Or will they go together?

Its Lego, not Legos!
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it's been stated this is a continuation of the original 20 Clone Wars shorts, so it happens between them and the five that immediately predated ROTS.
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition, there have been statements that imply that some episodes of the series will depict the same events than the older cartoon, only going deeper to storyline and details.
Old Republic
Master Jedi [VET]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galagoo wrote:
In addition, there have been statements that imply that some episodes of the series will depict the same events than the older cartoon, only going deeper to storyline and details.

Now that, I'd like to see. I really enjoyed watching most of those and the only real beef I've got is that some of the things that happen are just a bit too fantastic. The Mace Windu episode for one, the way he decimated thousands of super battle droids was just a bit too much for me. If the Jedi could do that, what the hell would they need the Grand Army for?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sandtrooper Platoon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many episodes are planned for each series? Does anyone know? Watching the first three back to back (CW movie) and having looked at the companion book, it doesn't appear as if there is too much more in lieu of storylines for the rest of the first season.
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Wookieepedia, each season will consist of 22 episodes. The will be at least 100 episodes, and more if the series is successful.
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing this thread back, as I have a question about the series, as opposed to the movie:

Any word on when it debuts in the UK? I checked the Cartoon Network listings for Friday 3rd, but found nothing. Sad

If you really like fish, put this in your sig: ><>
HothTrooper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this press release, it premiers in the U.K. on Sky Movies Premiere on October 25th at 7:00pm.
Icezombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of us without cable... Will it be available online as a stream? (for free)
HothTrooper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There hasn't been any official announcement about any web streaming. If they do stream the episodes on the web, it would be on CartoonNetwork.com, though.
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats gotta suck to not have cable, making you could look into just getting some basic cable?

Looking at the Friday line up, it looks like there are two episodes on Friday night. Either just because of the premiere, or maybe it will always be two episodes a night, which would be cool. But either way, make sure your Tivo is set Very Happy
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HothTrooper wrote:
According to this press release, it premiers in the U.K. on Sky Movies Premiere on October 25th at 7:00pm.

But isn't Jinja Ninja talking about the series? Neutral
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
HothTrooper wrote:

But isn't Jinja Ninja talking about the series? Neutral

And that's what the article is talking about too. Wink It's just weird that it's on Sky Movies. Confused
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This question bugs me too.

In the Clone Wars original series, Anakin was knighted in the second half. That's when every clone wore phase II armor. And don't you have to be a knight to have a padawan? I mean, padawan's can't have padawan's, can they? Confused

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, that is confusing, because apparently, when he got his pony tail cut off in the knighting ceremony, he became a knight. So in Ep III, he would be considered a knight, but still refers to Obi Wan as master. So maybe he is somewhere in between. But still confusing. I'm hoping for alot of explanations of alot of stuff when this series comes out. I WANT ANSWERS! Wink
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone here really think that George actually pays attention to his other flicks before making new stuff?

I mean, come on, really. Wink
HothTrooper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clonecommando007 wrote:

In the Clone Wars original series, Anakin was knighted in the second half. That's when every clone wore phase II armor. And don't you have to be a knight to have a padawan? I mean, padawan's can't have padawan's, can they? Confused

Anakin was knighted in Chapter 21 of Clone Wars which, though included in the second volume of the DVDs, actually served as the ending to the first volume. This places his knighting in the first year (of three) of the war. The actual time skip during Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars (where the new 3d series is set) takes place between Chapters 21 and 22, not between the two DVD disks. Poor design of the DVD releases has lead to a lot of confusion on that point.
zombie REX
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They might have created the Animated series with out thinking of the cartoon one which is a good idea IMO and the reason why Anakin refers to Obi-Wan is because its a mark of respect that Jedi give to each other like in episode 3 i remember Yoda calling Obi-Wan master.

" Let me show you how it works clanker!"

Captain REX of the 501st
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HothTrooper wrote:
Clonecommando007 wrote:

Anakin was knighted in Chapter 21 of Clone Wars which, though included in the second volume of the DVDs, actually served as the ending to the first volume. This places his knighting in the first year (of three) of the war. The actual time skip during Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars (where the new 3d series is set) takes place between Chapters 21 and 22, not between the two DVD disks. Poor design of the DVD releases has lead to a lot of confusion on that point.

Thanks so much for that information!!

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thrasher wrote:
Ya, that is confusing, because apparently, when he got his pony tail cut off in the knighting ceremony, he became a knight. So in Ep III, he would be considered a knight, but still refers to Obi Wan as master. So maybe he is somewhere in between. But still confusing. I'm hoping for alot of explanations of alot of stuff when this series comes out. I WANT ANSWERS! Wink

Anakin's referring to Obi-Wan as Master is simply a sign of courtesy and respect amongst the Jedi. Lower ranks such as knights and padawans refer to masters as "master" and padawans also refer to knights as "master."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: