FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

some sets my friend has acquired

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaiba

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: some sets my friend has acquired Reply with quote

Hey guys, I have this friend who has recently received the following sets from his cousin. There is no box, but instructions and pieces (as far as I know) are fully intact.

. Republic gunship - not the newest
. Jango's slave 1
. Obi wans republic star fighter - episode 2

He dosent know what to do with them. Sell of keep. What do you think?

Last edited by Kaiba on Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
JayfoZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: some sets my friend has acquired Reply with quote

Kaiba wrote:
Hey guys, I have this friend who has recently received the following sets from his cousin. There is no box, but instructions and pieces (as far as I know) are fully intact.

. Republic gunship - not the new one
. Jango's slave 1
. Obi Wan's republic star fighter - episode 2

He dosent know what to do with them. Sell or keep. What do you think?

Well, that's a dumb question. If he wants the sets then he should keep them. If not, he should sell them. Why does he need his friend to get people on the internet to decide for him?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it a dumb question may I ask? He told me that his cousin had given him the sets. I told him how much they go for on ebay now a days. So he is confused weather or not to sell them or keep them.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were him, I would keep the sets. Those are all cool old sets that were around before the current clone wars creepiness factor came into the sets. If he wants to sell them, tell him to get an account on bricklink or here to post. Smile
ChuckC
[WITNESS]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell your friend to make his own decisions.

-Chuck
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he wants the money he should sell them, if he wants hours of endless fun building stuff and playing around and embracing his inner child then he should keep it.

It's really not that hard a choice. Does he like LEGO? Does he like money? Does he like things that aren't LEGO more than LEGO itself that he can spend the money he got from selling the LEGO on?
voltio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a personal decision, but if I were in his shoes, I would sell. I sold my Gunship, Slave I, and Jedi Starfighter a year or so ago, and I do not regret my decision. I purchased similar sets, such as the new 7676 Gunship, for less than the old sets cost, allowing me to take cash out and buy a new MP3 player. Unless the sets have some great sentimental value, your friend ought to clean the sets up, do a Peeron inventory, and put them on eBay.
Kaiba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joedward wrote:
If he wants the money he should sell them, if he wants hours of endless fun building stuff and playing around and embracing his inner child then he should keep it.

It's really not that hard a choice. Does he like LEGO? Does he like money? Does he like things that aren't LEGO more than LEGO itself that he can spend the money he got from selling the LEGO on?

He is a 10 year old lego loving maniac. *a bit like me at that age* erm.. I think he wants the money just to buy more sets.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am aware that it is reverse, but I believe this much fits into the "what set should i buy?" kinda thing.....its not up to you as an individual, or us as the FBTB community to make that decision for him.....that's like me asking should i apply for a fitness certificate course.....it has NO bearing on any of you here does it?

AJay
Kaiba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basicly what would you do.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're mostly adults here, why would a ten year old want the opinion of an adult on what to do with lego? I know my ten year old and I have totally different opinions on it. Heck, he doesn't even like to build unless it's a brand new set. Then he's only interested in the minifigures!
Kaiba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of the facts can you please just answer the question.
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaiba wrote:
Regardless of the facts can you please just answer the question.

Maybe it's just me, but that sounded a little defensive and snippy. I realize Jayfo's comments might have rubbed you the wrong way, but I'd be a little more considerate of the people at least trying to figure out what it is you hoped to accomplish by posting this thread.

You want an answer for your friend? Keep them. Ta da. End of story. We are done here.
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q: Should my friend sell his sets?
A: Yep
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: some sets my friend has acquired Reply with quote

Kaiba wrote:

He dosent know what to do with them. Sell of keep. What do you think?

Well, you mentioned he is ten years old. As far as I know people in this age are not allowed to make contracts. Selling at ebay is a contract.
So the decision is easy: KEEP

FlickrBrickshelf
copyrrrrr
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved this away from the B/S/T/F forum because this is not an active offer. I don't have mod powers beyond the BSTF so when I realized I probably moved this to the wrong forum (oops, SW LEGO would have been better than LEGO) I also couldn't move it elsewhere. Oh well.

That said, this conversation, if it escalates much further, will be risking some lockage soon, so lets make sure we all keep our cool.

Continue on...
BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At ten, he shouldn't care how much he could sell the sets for - he should just want the sets. I think, was I him at the age of ten, even if someone had told me I could get money for them, I'd not even have considered selling them.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'd keep 'em. Original Jedi Starfighter doesn't reach original retail value being sold on Ebay.

Original RGS=awesome set, with little generic Jedi and a destroyer droid (yeah, I like the old ones better, so what? Razz )

Jango Fett's Slave I= never going to be remade, great set to own, awesome minifig of Jango, not worth selling.

So my advice: keep all the sets (assuming they're all in good condition with all the pieces and stickers nicely applied for the RGS) and have fun playing, or you could always give them to me. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: