FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10179 UCS Millennium Falcon Review
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swoosh Zombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I would classify my girlfriend as LEGO-tolerant, I had the benefit of building while I was house sitting for my folks earlier this summer. Smile
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, interruptions aside, and not including "sorting" time, i spent 4 days building, finished it late last night. looks absolutely stunning right down to every last detail.

AJay
chawan_cut

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's my build pics in case you didn't see them earlier. i added in a LED light string and altered the structure of the trans-blue engine plates so that they'd shine all the way through.

oh, it took me roughly 24 hours over two full weekends. took me about 2 hours to open all the bags and sort all the pieces. now i have tons of extra ziploc containers. came in handy when i built the UCS Death Star though.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=286542
Brick Fett

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the LED add on.

Drock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else have problems with the build or am I just a special person?

I am extremely frustrated. I'm about 75% through it (I'm putting on the pieces that comprise the top of the ship. Every time I attach one piece, another part of the ship falls off/apart.

I can't guarantee that I've put every single piece together properly, but I've built a lot of Lego sets and I'm confident I've followed the directions well. Just wondering if I'm alone.

I think I need to just put this set away for a couple of weeks and come back to it. I got a couple of other sets, a puzzle, and a new video game for Christmas to distract me for awhile.
Cei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drock wrote:
Did anyone else have problems with the build or am I just a special person?

I am extremely frustrated. I'm about 75% through it (I'm putting on the pieces that comprise the top of the ship. Every time I attach one piece, another part of the ship falls off/apart.

I can't guarantee that I've put every single piece together properly, but I've built a lot of Lego sets and I'm confident I've followed the directions well. Just wondering if I'm alone.

I think I need to just put this set away for a couple of weeks and come back to it. I got a couple of other sets, a puzzle, and a new video game for Christmas to distract me for awhile.

I had no big issues with the build - my only problem was a one-stud misalignment of a bottom section which took about 5 minutes to fix. Once those landing gear are on, I found the bottom to be solid and the top just clipped on to the top.
Drock

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cei wrote:
I had no big issues with the build - my only problem was a one-stud misalignment of a bottom section which took about 5 minutes to fix. Once those landing gear are on, I found the bottom to be solid and the top just clipped on to the top.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to keep trying.
MingoDave

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the ship is sitting steadily on a level surface, most of the top panels should just slide on. You may need to use a "sniper technique" to attach those sections: blink your eyes, take a deep breath and hold it, concentrate on where you want the pieces to go, and smoothly, patiently, slowly attach the pieces. Don't forget to start breathing again afterward, though.

However, if while building the panels parts fall off the main model two feet away from you, then you've got problems I can't solve over the internet.
Dalek Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MingoDave wrote:
If the ship is sitting steadily on a level surface, most of the top panels should just slide on. You may need to use a "sniper technique" to attach those sections: blink your eyes, take a deep breath and hold it, concentrate on where you want the pieces to go, and smoothly, patiently, slowly attach the pieces. Don't forget to start breathing again afterward, though.

Do you realise how much you sond like Yoda?

Yes, he is right. The trick when building this model is to let the pieces "fall" into place - don't force them in, or the frame will break. Remeber, it's made of plastic, not wood and metal. Very Happy
Drock

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

---
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: