FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7678 Droid Gunship Review

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: 7678 Droid Gunship Review Reply with quote

This set is almost gone, but since it's on sale (and I have nothing better to do), I'll review it anyway.

Parts

Okay, many of these parts are common. But also, there are a few rare ones. Also, the dark blue is a rather uncommon color. These parts grabbed my attention: this, in light bley and this, in dark blue. Although they are in other sets, they are not often seen, so I thought I'd point them out. This set would be good as a parts pack.

Minifigs

Okay, so it includes two battle droids and one "pilot droid," which is just a battle droid with the old arms. I would have liked it if the pilot had been one of the blue ones. I already have about five billion of the plain ones. I'm thoroughly disappointed TLG. Don't buy this for the minifigs.

Detail

This is one of the only reasons to buy this. It has really good detail for its size. The head is especially amazing. This is where TLG did a nice job. One complaint: Ya know the circular plates with the yellow design? Yep, you guessed it: STICKERS! Evil or Very Mad

Playability

Okay, dropping the missles is cool. However, when I first tried to swoosh this, I found trouble with the missles falling of. However, the things above the missles can be folded down, allowing you to swoosh. When you turn the gear on the top, the missles still fire!

Price to Parts

Really great! With the way the Clone Wars sets are priced, you'd expect it to be $35 or even $40. However, it's just $30! This is great! Buy 2! Buy 10! I'm getting carried away! No, but seriously, nice pricing.

Availability
Wal-Mart and S@H only. Also, it keeps getting sold out and then returning on S@H. If you're gonna buy this, buy it now.

Overall

This isn't bad. The detail is nice. However, I think TLG should have made the pilot droid blue. That's all I have to say.

Ratings

Parts: 9/10 - Loads of rare pieces.
Minifigs: 4/10 - C'mon, TLG. This needs a blue pilot.
Detail: 8/10 - Very detailed set for 329 pieces, especially the head.
Playability: 8/10 - Make sure to fold the edges down before swooshing.
Price to Parts: 10/10 - 329 pieces for $30 is great for the Clone Wars.
Availability: 4/10 - Not easy to find.
Overall: 7/10 - Fun to have, hard to find, and could have had better minifigs.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: