FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ewok rope bridge?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crusader

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Ewok rope bridge? Reply with quote

Mrs. Crusader just picked up the new Pirates Shipwreck Hideout today, and I can't help but think that the new rope bridge piece would make a fine addition to an Ewok village MOC.

I realize what with the new queen braided hairdo unveiled last month everyone is getting all excited about a possible Endor Battle scene, and some might point this bridge piece as further proof of that.

Crusader says never going to happen.

Lego has already made numerous ROTJ sets, but as we can see with the emphasis on the Clone Wars sets that they are going to be making sets in the future aimed at a younger audience. Which means three words my friends, three words...

Caravan of Courage

The new braided hair piece is blonde. This is Cindel's hair, not Leia's. All of the evidence points to this. And with Lucasfilm annoucing this week that the new live-action series will take off from where the Battle for Endor (1985) stopped. Lego designers right now are probably working overtime to create the perfect Wilford Brimley face for next year's Target exclusive set.

Sorry to burst all of the AFOL bubbles out there, but our day is past.
bigospedros

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the rope bridge is hardly new ... it's been available in brown in numerous other sets.

I bought one ages ago with a view to making an endor scene, but never got around to it.

Regards future sets ... we will just have to wait and see. Just because a hair piece is currently only in 1 colour, it doesn't mean it can't be made in another.

My Current Lego Collection (thanks Brickset!)
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Ewok rope bridge? Reply with quote

Crusader wrote:
And with Lucasfilm annoucing this week that the new live-action series will take off from where the Battle for Endor (1985) stopped.

Well, as much as I enjoy the Ewok movies for what they are, there definitely hasn't been an announcement about the live action or any other series taking off where the Ewok movies left off. The live action series is set between ROTS and ANH, while the Ewok movies are sometime before ROTJ.

endcreepyminifigfaces.blogspot.com
Crusader

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For no real reason, I feel compelled to post a few random quotes:

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is. ~Francis Bacon

Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritation and resentments slip away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. ~Mark Twain

If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide. ~Mahatma Gandhi

Sorry everyone, I was to trying to lighten things up. I kind of thought the Wilford Brimley reference might have given that away--sorry.
MingoDave

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know! I bought the same set as Mrs. Crusader and I'm definitely looking forward to a minifig-scale Gorax! [/satire]
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get the joke... mainly because a lot of fans really are that out of the loop/ crazy.

endcreepyminifigfaces.blogspot.com
Sandtrooper Platoon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ewok rope bridge? Reply with quote

WookieWarrior9 wrote:
Crusader wrote:
And with Lucasfilm annoucing this week that the new live-action series will take off from where the Battle for Endor (1985) stopped.

Well, as much as I enjoy the Ewok movies for what they are, there definitely hasn't been an announcement about the live action or any other series taking off where the Ewok movies left off. The live action series is set between ROTS and ANH, while the Ewok movies are sometime before ROTJ.

Yeah, thats what I read too. Between ROTS and ANH (and I hope its coming soon)

Anywho, an Endor playset would more than likely use that rope bridge, if it is as big as I would expect Lego to make one, going by the size of the DS playset.
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Ewok rope bridge? Reply with quote

I got the joke, but FWIW this is one AFOL who'd actually quite appreciate a set or two based on the live-action made-for-TV Ewok movies (which I personally prefer to place after SW:RotJ in the chronology, BTW, even though the current EU has it officially prior to it).
Sandtrooper Platoon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Ewok rope bridge? Reply with quote

Blondie-Wan wrote:
I got the joke, but FWIW this is one AFOL who'd actually quite appreciate a set or two based on the live-action made-for-TV Ewok movies (which I personally prefer to place after SW:RotJ in the chronology, BTW, even though the current EU has it officially prior to it).

Blondie-Wan, is that a joke? Sets based on the Ewok adventures!
Those Ewok movies were so bad they are almost up there with the Star Wars Xmas special, I'm surprised Lucas hasn't gone after them like he went after bootlegs of that 20th Century Fox forced load of crap.
twentythree

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been SLOWLY planning/building an Ewok village with those ropebridge pieces for a few years now. It is slow coming b/c of all the other things I am buying/designing/collecting simultaneously. That Pirates set is awesome and the other sets in that line look really great too.
The Jinja Ninja wrote: The extended edition includes those scenes (which were replaced with the boulder sequence in the Raiders we know and love) as well as some revisions to the rest of the movie including 'Belloq shot first'
mavriel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what the new "The Battle of Endor" set will include. It will be released in August and retail for $130 Canadian ($100 US approx), so it must be a large set.

Maybe it will have a rope bridge?
Kaiba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think It will just be the bunker and maybe a tree

Location: near Boston, MA Nerd Factor: Very High Annoyed: Yes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless there are a huge number of figs, I think there will be a bit more to it than just a bunker and a tree. Possibly an AT-ST, or the landing platform, etc...
Kaiba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please god let the at-st be better then the previous 1. I want something around the size of the first but slightly better and more movable instead of looking like a cardboard box and as playable as a football match under water. Razz

Meh my hope is for 2-3 ewoks, 2 scounts, 2 endor rebels, endor luke, c3p0, a bunker and maybe an at-st with the pilot along with it

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me a minute to decipher what a football match was and how you could igite it in water. Then I realized that it was a soccer reference and now I am feeling much better (but stupid as well).

Back on topic...
The idea of an Endor bunker possibly in the next 12 months is very exciting. Hopefully it includes and Ewok village (new Ewoks please) and some speederbikes with bikerscouts. I am also intrigued by talk of an Echo Base and all of the possiblities (Taun Tauns) that come with that as well.
The Jinja Ninja wrote: The extended edition includes those scenes (which were replaced with the boulder sequence in the Raiders we know and love) as well as some revisions to the rest of the movie including 'Belloq shot first'
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: