FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LEGO Indiana Jones (Official Thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right. Thanks for telling me. Smile I was trying to find out on LegoShop@Home but the website isn't working for me at the mo. Some technical glitch or what not. Rolling Eyes Laughing
twentythree

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blondie-Wan wrote:
I really, really want some Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom sets. I must have minifigs of Willie Scott (in multiple outfits!), Short Round, Mola Ram, Chattar Lal, Maharajah Zalim Singh, Lao Che, Chen, Kao Kan, and Thuggee guards and priests, plus Indy in his professorial suit and his oh-so-swanky white dinner jacket, as well as in "the gear" but minus the jacket and his right shirt sleeve. I also would love to see the Lao Che Air Freight Ford Tri-motor, the Temple of Doom (complete with huge Kali statue and sacrificial pit with victim cage), and most especially the mine car chase - though if one thinks about what would be physically involved, the mine car tracks would pose some distinct design challenges for TLC. I wonder how they'd do them...

And while I know this is a really long shot, I'd dearly love to see some sets based on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. If nothing else, some minifigs of young Indy in various ages and "looks" would be wonderful, as well as ones of young Henry Jones Sr., Anna Jones, Remy Baudouin and Helen Seymour.

Well it looks as though your (and mine) wish will be granted next year. I can't wait for the ToD playset and Flying Wing! I am so excited we're getting Tuxedo Indy, Willie, and Shorty. I almost caved and got the Peril in Peru set just for an Indy plane but now I'll hold out for a possible Lao Che Air Freight since the line is expanding.
The Jinja Ninja wrote: The extended edition includes those scenes (which were replaced with the boulder sequence in the Raiders we know and love) as well as some revisions to the rest of the movie including 'Belloq shot first'
kevblee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just scored the latest two sets at TRU. 7682 Shanghai Chase and 7683 Flying Wing. Built the chase set......was a fast , cool little build. Finally we get to add more killer minifigs to the collection. Indy Tux is awesome , as is Willy. The henchman rock too...because now I can swap a head and make TOHT! The convertible is the best part of the set!

I have not started the wing yet.....I dig the truck and the mechanic....but the wing itself....no way it's as good as mine Wink
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevblee wrote:
The henchman rock too...because now I can swap a head and make TOHT!

I know! No more sharpy-ing my fedoras! Very Happy

I wonder if we're ever going to see an official Toht figure from LEGO, though. I can't really imagine what sort of set he'd be in. Oh, well, at least the Harry Potter face is a good alternative. Smile
kevblee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Potter face.....no way dude...you have to use the fleshy DOC OCTOPUS head for Toht!
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I find both of them are acceptable solutions.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3626bpx327
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3626bpx270
kevblee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very True....I was thinking Harry's face was too "nice" looking.....not an evil enough grimace.....but after another look who knows. Will have to see them side by side to decide. Wink
Greg Hyland

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up the Flying Wing set, and here's what I like about it: It's a set that comics with a plane that never flies, just explodes, and a truck that never drive, just explodes.

Actually all kidding aside, I love this set. I've been facinated with the Flying Wing ever since seeing Raiders as a kid (in the theater in 1980!) and I think the whole Flying Wing sequence is my favorite in the whole movie. I love the end as Indy and Marion are running away before the plane explodes, because when you watch it, you can tell, man, those two are really running to get away!
"You'll thank me when you share my politics!"
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevblee wrote:
Very True....I was thinking Harry's face was too "nice" looking.....not an evil enough grimace.....but after another look who knows. Will have to see them side by side to decide. Wink

I just saw Raiders again, and really, Toht never had a grimace on his face, it was always that damn smile and little laugh, so I think the HP head works a tad bit better.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24
Jump to: