FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

starfighters

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brick Olie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: starfighters Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I'm brand new to the site and to custom Lego building. I've been building for years but I'm inspired by all of your awesome creations. Here are a couple of ships I built recently and I'd love to hear what you think. I have a few more that I'll add over the next weeks and I look forward to seeing all of your awesome creations, thanks for having me.

This first one is an N1 starfighter with my own additions and rebuilt hind section. I wanted to create a ship that may have been used in the early days of the rebel alliance.

I completely rebuilt the tail of the ship from the droid socket to the tip of the tail. I tried to taper the tail the best i could and added a few lights. I like the results- please let me know what you think.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e228/slave1jango/bonusBDE1pics223-1-1.jpg

The nose has been extended and several guns have been added which obviously take away from the streamlined look of the N1 but hey- the galaxy is at WAR!
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e228/slave1jango/bonusBDE1pics218-1.jpg

For the droid socket I wanted to create a sort of radar bal and antenna device that replaced the standard astromech- kinda different
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e228/slave1jango/bonusBDE1pics215.jpg

This next little rig is inspired by the N1. Its sort of a cross between and A-wing and an N1.

H3D1

Location: near Boston, MA Nerd Factor: Very High Annoyed: Yes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work! I think that the N-1 fits well with the Rebel scheme of taking things and making them work better. The extra guns look good, you managed to basically blend them in! What's the grey bulge on the wing tho?
The other fighter also looks good, but I would imho Brasso the Exo-Force parts, so that you just get normal white parts.

All said and done, Nice job! Smile
Brick Olie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thanks for the input. That grey bump on the wing is kind of like a fire control radar housing for the newly mounted guns. I was looking at the ship and wanted one element to be a-symmetrical, I dunno, sorta clunky. Its been taken off and put on several times Razz

Thanks for the advice on removing the Exo force artwork. I may keep the circular emblem but the Asian script has to go!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: