FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Classic Pirates Sets

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SW Fan Goosi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Classic Pirates Sets Reply with quote

What old Pirates sets should TLC bring back? I am not impressed with the new ones and will buy small ones just for parts. One of the coolest-looking sets is the Caribbean Clipper.

End creepy minifig faces!
ufjason

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the original sets were fantastic but I never really bought into them as the high price of the forts and ships were outrageous at the time. Broadside's brig, imperial outpost, sabre island, lagoon lockup; especially Eldorado's Fortress and Imperial trading post were all excellent sets. All of the ships were fantastic from the smallest to the largest. I was just going into my dark ages at the time but would go into TRU and check them out. I definitely coveted them but I had just started getting interested in girls at that time which became a new obsession all unto itself!
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought almost all of them over the summer off ebay so I don't really care anymore if they bring them back but I think bringing back the Imperial Trading post would still be awesome.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pretty happy with the new stuff, particularly the new take on the "good guy" Imperial figs. I don't think you should hold your breath waiting for any old re-releases though. Re-imaginings, maybe, but a straight up re-release of an old design is probably not gonna happen. With that said, the candidates I'd most like to see in a re-imagined form are:

A smaller vessel like 6268 Renegade Runner.

A large "good guy" ship like 6271 Imperial Flagship.

An Imperial port set that's slightly more substantial than 6242 Soldier's Fort...more like 6276 Eldorado Fortress or 6277 Imperial Trading Post.

I'd also like to see the return of Armada in some form.
Zombie Yuhas
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any of the new pirate sets yet, but I plan on getting at least one of each set, and maybe multiples of a few of the smaller sets. I think they could have been better than they are, but I think they live up to the old sets.

I think my favorite LEGO set ever is the Eldorado Fortress. I'd love to see a new version of it to match the new sets. Tan bricks instead of yellow bricks and a bley baseplate. And of course the new figures, and other updates (the new colored shooting cannons, a telescope or two, dynamite, new boat colors, brown dock, etc.).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: