FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Indy Set or Off Roader for christmas?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Indy Set or Off Roader for christmas? Reply with quote

I know, here is somewhere a thread about threads which ask for decision help. So please forgive me that I ask anyway. But actually my question is more about experience you made with the sets than pure "can't decide between two sets".
For christmas I want to give myself one a bit bigger Legoset. I thought about this or this.
Do you have one of these sets, or maybe both and can you share some experience and thoughts with/about the sets?

thanks in advance

FlickrBrickshelf
Dalek Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't own the offroader, bt I do own the Indy set. If you haven't read a review, I'll give you one.

The set itself if good. Not very accurate to the film - the layout and positions of rooms is horribly incorrect and some things where clearly added which were removed from the film. However the set makes up for that with the amazind parts collection - tan, dark tan, dark green, black, dark red, gold, dark grey... The pieces are very good - the crystal skull is amazingly detailed, but the skellie itself is a bit plain since it is just white, not clear. and with a bit of work you can easily build a more accurate set.

Another slight disappoint ment is the figs - you get Indie, Mutt, Irana, Russian Soldier, 2 Tribesmen (very good prints, by the way...) and 3 crystal skellies. Yoiu don't get Marion, Mac, Oxley or any mud warriors that appeared there in the film. It would be easy to make Marion (she comes in amphious car thingy) and the mud warriors can use the same prints as the tribe men, just printed on dark grey.

So, to conclude: The set is not very accurate but contains a great selection of pieces. Not sure if it is worth the price, though... Confused
ZombieAthos
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like the Indy set very much. The design was poor at best.

On the other hand, I don't like technic sets at all. So I'd go with the Indy set. At least it has some regular bricks and new and cool elements.

Steve
Obi-wan Jimboski

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think based on the uniqueness of the set, I would go with the Indy one... there have been several large technic trucks / cars over the past few years, I would expect more to follow since it seems like it is a part of the core product selection...

Putting my mayoral exploratory committee on hold as I pursue my MBA...
zombieboy
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: get indy Reply with quote

you should definitely get the indy one. i got it, and it has crystal skulls (rare), ugha warriors (also rare), and the others. i is a great set, and should take 2-4 hours to build.
Thunder-Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I would go with the Indy set...

But it depends what you are into, the minifig playset or a technic vehicle?
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank you all for your advices.
But now I decided to NOT get any of these sets. Makes no sense, getting them, building them, selling them. And collecting I do only Star Wars.

FlickrBrickshelf
SW Fan Goosi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andi wrote:
I thank you all for your advices.
But now I decided to NOT get any of these sets. Makes no sense, getting them, building them, selling them. And collecting I do only Star Wars.

Yes, I would save for the Death Star II. It's a great set that I'll review.

End creepy minifig faces!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: