FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Police Cruiser

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forceman9530

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Police Cruiser Reply with quote

One of the few ships I am really proud of. I had actually originally intended for it to be in minifig scale, but it just grew out of proportion and I deiced to put a Technic dude in the cockpit. Unfortunately, I had just spent the time to make all the dark red highlights and Mr. Technic was blue. I spent further time doing a paint job that doesn't look bad if you squint at a distance. Oh, and no need to beat me up for the horrible stickers- already did it to myself.
The theory behind this ship was police obviously. We see all the war machines and soldiers, but we never got to see local militia. The colors indicate that the time period is that of the Old Republic, and I gave it a closed cockpit because the one place I could think of that would need police is Coruscant. With all that high flying and perhaps some straying out of the atmosphere, it becomes necessary to have something between you and the elements.

3/4
Front
Side
Rear
Send Sirens, Guns, and Lights (Dad get me out of this)
Underneath
Landing Gear
Clever Construction
Mr. Technic
Gallery

Matt
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, haven't seen a technic scale creation for a while.

I like it. Very neat shape, cool colour scheme and clever construction. Pretty nice greebling, too.

The only thing I'd nag about are the engines. They look really small and awkwardly placed; too close to the pilot to my taste.
The place is optimal, though, so I wouldn't perhaps move the engines anywhere. However, I would make them larger and more greebled.

Quite good craft, overall, I'd say. I'd be proud, too, if I built this.
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've got the starts of an extremely cool little ship. I think the shape and the greebs and the detail and all that is great.
However, my only suggestion would be to neaten up the colour scheme a bit. I think it looks a bit odd with the front white, the back gray, and all with dark red highlights, if you can get a smoother mix I think it'd be be great, or maybe try all one colour, with two highlights. I don't know.

Anyhow, this is a great model you've got, I'm interested to see what you bring to us next.

And I only just noticed the TECHNIC gun things on each side, I like them.
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always thought a SW police vehicle would be interesting to see. Nice MOC and nose technique!

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
forceman9530

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, the engines do look a little small and pathetic. Talking about the color scheme though, I have a dilemna. I don't have enough of any color of any piece to make it look good, maybe I just need to look around some more. Thanks!
Mastergongfu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forceman9530 wrote:
Yea, the engines do look a little small and pathetic. Talking about the color scheme though, I have a dilemna. I don't have enough of any color of any piece to make it look good, maybe I just need to look around some more. Thanks!

Well then I won't mention the differences between the front and rear color schemes. I understand how frustrating it is to have limited parts in certain (or sometimes all) colors.

I appreciate how you did the plate sandwiching. And the way you did a mostly all studs out construction. I don't see alot of models built in that manner these days. Good job.
Zombie Bizzle
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The different colors on it make it look older and like it had seen action. So I would leave it the way it is. Unless you really want to make it all one color.
forceman9530

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I looked around and tore apart a bunch of other ships, but I think it was worth it. It looks much classier and cleaner. Unfortunately, I could not get the area surrounding the cockpit nice and white, I don't have this piece in white, which is all I need. Oh well.

Gallery

Matt
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks definately better.

However, the white body might look a tad too plain. In the earlier version the grey balanced the colour scheme, but now..
I would suggest adding some dark red highlights here and there, perhaps mostly on the back wings.
Mastergongfu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks alot better than before. Job well done sir.
ZOMBIE Snaaaake?!
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done!

It really is shaping up to be a great ship!

Also Known As snake...SNAKE...SNAAAAKE?! on eurobricks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: