FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4482: AT-TE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Fordo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: 4482: AT-TE Reply with quote

So why am I reviewing a 6 year old set? Funny story actually. We are doing some cleaning before we leave for the beach so we don't come home to a messy house, and my mom told me to take a box of my little bro's toys up to the attic. When I got to the attic, I saw a box wrapped in christmas paper! Obviously curious about it, I took it downstairs and showed my parents. They said to open it...so I did. Inside was 4482 Shocked. My mom said she must have forgotten to take it out of the attic when christmas came around. I was exstatic considering I missed out on this set when it was in production (I did get the RGS though Razz), and it is so hard to find nowadays! Anyways, on to the review:

Parts: For what was previously a 70$ set, there aren't many parts. Only 646. Of course, today if you get this set, you aren't getting it for spare parts Laughing.

Minifigs: Wonderful. Four, highly sought-after, Phase I clone troopers. Again, wonderful.

Detail: The detail on the actual vehicle is a bit dissapointing. It has all it needs but it seems like TLG did just what they needed to get by with this guy. It looks especially fat when you look at it from above. I mean it's a tank...it's suppose to be bulky. But this one kinda looks like he needs to cut back on the twinkies. The speeder is cool, and it's a nice little addition to the set.

Playability: The playability value is good, however, the side plating tends to fall off more than it should.

Price to Parts: Like I said, don't buy this set for parts (WHY would you?).

Availability: Good luck finding one Wink.

Build: The legs were a little repetative, and it took me around two hours to build.

Parts: 6/10
Minifigs: 10/10
Detail: 7/10
Playability: 8/10
Price to parts: 4/10
Availability: 1/10
OVERALL RATING: 8.5/10

I'm going to give it an 8.5/10...though it would be around a 7/10 for the vehicle itself, four P1 Clones...wonderful.

Previously Known as Commander Bacara...but I forgot my password :\.
Lego Apple

Location: Behind the Mayonaise, to the left of the coleslaw, right of the potato salad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow! Do you know how much those things go for nowadays? Shocked What an incredible stroke of luck!

Nice solid review as well! This just makes me envy you more! Great Job- Apple, over and out.

Oh and Merry Christmas, Captain. Smile

Last edited by Lego Apple on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to sound any less upper class - Your mum just forgot about about a $100+ set?!

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Kaiba

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great idea! I'm going to do that! *put a set up in the attic* if my child likes Lego. Great review there! and..... I wish I was you. Razz hmm I wonder if my cousin ever got the RGS and At-TE? Twisted Evil
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lego Apple wrote:
Holy cow! Do you know how much those things go for nowadays? Shocked What an incredible stroke of luck!

Nice solid review as well! This just makes me envy you more! Great Job- Apple, over and out.

Oh and Merry Christmas, Captain. Smile

Ahaha, just how much do they go for? I just happen to have two in my posession.
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should've sold it since it was MISB and just bought a used one on ebay and save like $100. Wink
zombieboy
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are so lucky! one time i had the ultimate prank pulled on me. i was at a garage sale, and i saw the AT-TE, old one, MISB (or it looked like that) for $5.00, well i bought it, got home, opened it, and all that was in it was a small zip-lock bag with 5 4x6 plates, 1 2x2x3 slope, and 5 technic pins. i got ripped off!
Inzane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkingImpaired wrote:
and just bought a used one on ebay Wink

Ahem... or bought mine that's for sale in the buy/sale forum right here on this site. Wink
Darth Gundam

Location: Utica NY Age:19 Online: sparodicly Handicaps: Colorblind, ADHD Mood: happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fetty wrote:
Try to sound any less upper class - Your mum just forgot about about a $100+ set?!

Fetty if his mom left it up there for six years it would have only been $50 bucks... Confused

Something random this way comes...
alldarker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

donneyboy wrote:
you are so lucky! one time i had the ultimate prank pulled on me. i was at a garage sale, and i saw the AT-TE, old one, MISB (or it looked like that) for $5.00, well i bought it, got home, opened it, and all that was in it was a small zip-lock bag with 5 4x6 plates, 1 2x2x3 slope, and 5 technic pins. i got ripped off!

If it looks to good to be true... It usually is. Didn't you feel how light the box was, or how it lacked the typical Lego sound of clashing bricks when you tilted it?

It mostly sounds like greed got the better of you, thinking the person you bought it from wasn't aware of the price of a MISB AT-TE...
zombieboy
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know, i picked it up, bought it quickly, then got home. and opened it. i should have checked it first, it just was sealed with scotch tape, though.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Gundam wrote:
Master Fetty wrote:

Fetty if his mom left it up there for six years it would have only been $50 bucks... Confused

But at the time it wouldn't have to be.

What I was saying (way back when I posted it), was that to forget such a big/expensive present, while cool, shows a higher class attitude to money.

KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fetty, it might also just show a particularly spacey parent, or one who did their shopping well ahead of time. I know my mom used to pick up future gifts way in advance of birthdays or holidays for me and my sister, if we expressed an interest in something cool at the toy store or whatever. It's entirely possible that Fordo's mom bought the set in like August, wrapped it so Fordo wouldn't know what it was if he found it, and then forgot she'd done it by the holiday.

One doesn't have to be rich to be forgetful, and it's not like Fordo said "gosh, she just lost track of it in the pile of my hundreds of dollars of other presents."

Location: Utica NY Age:19 Online: sparodicly Handicaps: Colorblind, ADHD Mood: happy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fetty I agree with Kungfused, I mean I forget about $50 dollar sets myself, it's just a matter of having other things to do at the time.

Something random this way comes...
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was an off the cuff comment a year ago. I didn't expect it to come back and haunt me.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: