FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Revised Delorean

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Revised Delorean Reply with quote

Before I show my MOC, I'd like to give a nod to Glorious Kyle, a member here who posted a 1/24-scale Delorean a while ago. When I made my Delorean, I often referred to his as a reference. Fantastic MOC, great job.

Anyways, for the last few months, my Delorean has degraded into pretty much nothing. The basic frame was still there, but not much else. So, I took it upon myself to improve it, and it turned out a lot better. I fixed the picture size, too! Wink

As you can see, I tiled the exterior throughout, and added some details to the front. I also noticed that my original Delorean didn't look right mainly because of the fact that the windshield wasn't tapered, so I fixed that as well. You can also see that the back wall of the cabin was rounded to flow better with the rest of the structure. Oh, the reason the slopes making up the windshield are dark grey is because I don't have a single light grey slope 1 x 3 on me. Pathetic, I know, but there you are.

I changed the back a lot in the new version. I completely redid the ventilators, as well as adding rear lights and a license plate. Mr. Fusion also received a more accurate upgrade. The sides of the back are created by propping up two 1 x 6 tiles on a single stud, and curving it inward to rest on the back cabin wall. It's not a very good method, but it's all I can think of.

Here's Marty and Doc, pulled straight from the BTTF vignette I did a while back, except that Doc now has a spiffy white suit, because I couldn't find his lab coat.

I don't yet have a functional hover conversion yet, unfortunately, although I did attempt one with this version. Trouble is, it completely ruined the stability, it didn't have a smooth transition, and when it did convert, the wheels were completely out-of-place. If you guys have any suggestions for a decent hover conversion, please tell me, as I've tried almost every way possible.

Well, there you have it! Comments and criticism are always welcome!
Here's the gallery (When public, of course).
MingoDave

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The back looks great, but I'm not quite sold on the front. Maybe it's just the perspective that's throwing me off.
Iare Zombite
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it's possible to turn front tiles so it runs from front window to front of car and not sideways? Might look better... Or just build a new hood.. It's only problem in whole set.

Otherwise an excellent work.. Smile

How about double joint for conversion to hover? But then it might be unable to stay in regular car mode...

Cake is NOT A LIE!!!
(Yes, the virus worked on me somehow... Razz )
Dragon_Dragon_Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the front is kind of... boxy. But otherwise, it looks pretty good.
But why are the things in the back brown?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: