FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Death Star

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kollektionneur

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Death Star Reply with quote

Hi.

I don't have a Death Star... yet. But I'm seriously thinking about buying one for Christmas. But the price is somehow outrageous. What could the (lucky) death-star owners say to convince me to get one ? (even silly suggestions are welcome)...
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could firstly read this thread
http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=26967
And if you still need convincing afterwards you could post this right there.
Smile

FlickrBrickshelf
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was actually surprised to see that NOBODY has put up a thread in the review section Shocked

AJay
Kollektionneur

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I've seen all the pictures, read the forums (even dreamed of the DS, may be). I've got my "imaginary arguments". But, these are not arguments, these are not "real". What could definitively convince me are the arguments of someone who ACTUALLY own a Death Star and think he had done well to buy it, that if he had to do it again, He would buy a new death Star without hesitate, the eyes wide shot, in the blink of an eye. I bought sets in the past that I wanted very much, and once on display shelfs, they looked not so great anymore. I was disappointed by the boring construction. They had nothing "special". I won't say which ones.

I don't know if what I mean is understandable.
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must own this set, it is awesome, I do not, I am a lesser man for it, oh woe is me.

There are dozens of reasons in the thread Andi linked too. I know dW just had a go for miniMODing, but read through it all (I know 28 pages is quite a bit, but it's all there).

If anything, bye it for the minifigs and sell the set afterwards. That's where the real treasure is in that set.
Sandtrooper Platoon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had the money, I would not hesitate. If you do have the $ and you can afford it, I'd say go for it.

My fiance tells me to expect it for Xmas, but I do the budget and I don't know how we can get it before my Xmas bonus, which comes in just before Xmas (and it is even questionable after that). With the set only available from S@H in Oz it won't get here 'til 2009. Perhaps a late Xmas present, I hope.

Anywho, get it for the figs. Get it for the fun of the build. It is not that impressive, minifigs aside, but I'm sure those who own the set will put your fears about it not being an interesting build aside. (Although the UCS DS was tedious to build at times...)

The real lucky ones who own the set are those who bought the DS outside the US from S@H when they got the price conversion wrong. It came up originally at Australian $399 (which was the same as the US). I was told they honored those who bought at that price. The mistake rectified, it changed to $629. With DHL express delivery at $100, (standard $50) it is a very expensive product. I'm sure they won't make that mistake again!

Unfortunately, I can only guess that future playsets will be just as expensive, yet hopefully as impressive.
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kollektionneur wrote:
"...someone who ACTUALLY own a Death Star..."

now i could be wrong, but i thought he meant that he's wanting people's opinions who ALREADY and ACTUALLY (and to stress it more) OWN the mentioned set....

AJay
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

then read the last 5 or more pages. I know that I posted my opinion while and after building there and others did as well.

FlickrBrickshelf
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: