FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Episode III Jedi Starfighter

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icezombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Episode III Jedi Starfighter Reply with quote

Deeplink 2
Deeplink 3
Deeplink 4

Gallery

My attempt at a better LEGO Jedi Starfighter from Episode 3. One of my all-time favorite Star Wars ships. I apologize for the crappy pictures! Embarassed I still can't figure out how to take a decent picture of anything. Razz As simple as the wings look, they were a pain in the a-rse to build! It's pretty swooshable, and holds up pretty well in a firefight. I used five pieces from the original set.

Comments and Criticism welcome!

-John
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually you would've used at least ten if you included R2 and Anakin Wink

I actually like the idea of the brickbuilt wings, but yours need some smoothing out, and is there a 4x4 trans dish with the printing of the windscreen soon to be on the front? I think this has a lot of potential for amazingness Smile
BLACKTRON

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The brickbuilt wing idea is good, but the execution needs help. There's just too many holes. Emperor is right, needs smoothing out. I do like the theory behind the design, though. By the way, Emperor, any reason you won't reply to my PMs?
Jedi Joe
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sweet! I had an idea for SNOT wings too, but you beat me to it.
Icezombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.simplymaya.com/discounts_system/images/discount_images/large/jedi_large.jpg

Main reference picture I used.
I kind of like the gaps, cause it gives it a battleworn and gritty look, but I can see how it could be a turnoff. Thanks!
Dubjo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Blacktron, The gaps do kind of bother me, but I like basically everything else on the Starfighter.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gaps on the outer edges of the wilgs are good, the problem is with the gaps along the inside of the wing along the cockpit. Also, why did you decide to not include the front windscreen piece?

The guns and overall proportions are great. It just needs a bit of cleanup.
Icezombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIR3691 wrote:
The gaps on the outer edges of the wilgs are good, the problem is with the gaps along the inside of the wing along the cockpit. Also, why did you decide to not include the front windscreen piece?

The guns and overall proportions are great. It just needs a bit of cleanup.

Thanks guys!

The main reason for the gaps, is basically I don't have a lot of dark grey or yellow pieces. I had to get the right shapes by using a lot of weird, and gappy building styles. And the reason it's lacking a windshield, is because apparently windshields are hard to find when you actually are looking for them. :p

Appreciate the comments! (and concern) Wink

-John
DaZombie2007
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good approach like everyone else is saying work on the gap that extends along the cockpit. Add a windsheild, oh and I like how you created the correct grove along the outer edge of the wing. However you might want to extend the wing out slightly farther and move the groove up slightly. Other than that you are doing a great job.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: