FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7665 Republic Cruiser Review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lego123

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a lego set a few weeks ago and there where kinda no parts just bags(lego improve your quality!) Rolling Eyes
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lego123 wrote:
I bought a lego set a few weeks ago and there where kinda no parts just bags(lego improve your quality!) Rolling Eyes

WHAT???

really?
Adrenaline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Lego123, that's just kinda your fault if you picked that set to buy. If there's no parts and just bags in the box, there's obviously going to be a weight and sound difference...

I love the set, I wish so much that I could get it. I'm going to be broke this next year.
lego123

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a £3.99 mx-300 or something new space theam comes with little ship i went back and bought another and it had 2 of 1 bag and all the redst of the bags so I'm good now Wink nice reviwe can someone take a picture of the new droid
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know......I'm kind of not buying that story. One box empty, another that has two bags by mistake?! Confused Of course, I'm open to hearing about the new mistakes Lego are making in production factories........
Zom-9
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally got a replacement head for Qui-gon! Very Happy I had some trouble explaining the problem to Lego on the phone. The woman kept thinking I was missing a hood for one of the figures. Confused Finally I'm just like "If you look on the front of the box you see two figures with hoods on and the one with the green lightsaber, that is the head I'm missing." In the backround I head someone mention production error and the woman was told what to send as a replacement part. So now I'm happy! Razz

Brickshelf "You ponce in here expecting to be waited on hand and foot, well I'm trying to run a hotel here!"
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
You know......I'm kind of not buying that story. One box empty, another that has two bags by mistake?! Confused Of course, I'm open to hearing about the new mistakes Lego are making in production factories........

I got two extra guns in my droid battle pack..
And that happened twice..
Luke Nightcrawler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got four extra guns and creamy brown droideka pieces in my MTT, But who would complain about that? Wink

The Neimoidian Defence Legion Wants You!
vloork

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me i live in Qatar and i bought this set but it didn't arrived now and i would like to know if i can call for a Qui-Gon head before cause there is no luck than there is it into ?
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elite, Nightcrawler- Shouldn't Lego notice the weight difference on the scales? I thought they weighed boxes to make sure it was all there? Surely, if lego123 says:

lego123 wrote:
I bought a lego set a few weeks ago and there where kinda no parts just bags. Rolling Eyes

Shouldn't that box feel very light? Exclamation
Cei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to say my replacement head just arrived Smile
Luke Nightcrawler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
Elite, Nightcrawler- Shouldn't Lego notice the weight difference on the scales? I thought they weighed boxes to make sure it was all there? Surely, if lego123 says:

lego123 wrote:
I bought a lego set a few weeks ago and there where kinda no parts just bags. Rolling Eyes

Shouldn't that box feel very light? Exclamation

Well, most of these extra pieces probably weigh like a couple of ounces (not even) and Lego probably wouldn't bother to remove parts if the box is slightly heavier. In response to lego123's mishap, that's probably a production error; the lego filling machine might have malfunctioned for a second and the box got sealed without pieces.

The Neimoidian Defence Legion Wants You!
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^But that doesn't explain why I got two extra guns and that happened twice...

They were bought in the same week in the same shop though, so it probably was a whole batch with extra guns..

*Goes back to buy more for more guns....*
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elite wrote:
^^But that doesn't explain why I got two extra guns and that happened twice...

Lego probably class you as special. Wink The rest of us just get the normal number of guns supplied. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by The Master Zombie on Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
CloneZomberor
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 919 pieces, the Republic Cruiser is one of the largest non-UCS LEGO sets made. I found it to be a fun build, and while somewhat challenging, it wasn't an incredibly difficult set to put together.

The build itself was fairly straightforward. The first section completed was the middle section with the landing gear, which stood on it's own very well. After that, the fore and aft ends of the ship were completed one at a time and connected to the ship, so it would be unbalanced for a short while until the other end was completed.

I felt it was a reasonable representation of the ship shown in Star Wars: Episode I, and the play features included with it make it fun for younger audiences. The cover on the cockpit section opens to reveal one seat for the pilot, and the roof of the ship comes off to reveal crew areas. On one side is a station for the ship captain and R2-R7, while the other side contains a small, one-person craft and storage for the crew's accessories. The communications tower that sits just behind the crew area can turn with the help of a small dial on the bottom of the ship. The retractable landing gear is a nice feature, the four legs fold up independently against the bottom of the ship for flight mode. Lastly, the passenger compartment located beneath the cockpit detaches from the ship and opens up to reveal seating for two passengers.

This set came with five minifigures, three of which are brand new, and the other two haven't been seen for several years. The Republic Captain, Republic Pilot, and R2-R7 are the entirely new figures, and Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi haven't been seen in these forms since the Jedi Defense sets of 2002. More importantly, the head used for Qui-Gon Jinn has never been available in the new flesh color before this.

It was unfortunate that when the Cruiser was released, LEGO made a mistake and put the wrong head in the box. The head that initially shipped with this set was the Obi-Wan Kenobi bearded head instead of the Qui-Gon Jinn head. Fortunately, LEGO's customer service came through for me beautifully. Upon realizing I had the incorrect head, I sent them a quick email describing the problem. I never got an email response from them, but less than two weeks after I contacted them, I received a small mailer that contained the correct head. Yet again I have had a great experience with LEGO's customer service, which made a great set even better.

Ratings (on a scale of 1 to 10):

Parts: 7/10
Minifigs: 9/10
Detail: 8/10
Playability: 7/10
Price to parts: 6/10
Availability: 6/10
OVERALL RATING: 8/10

I won't clutter this thread by posting all 26 of the pictures I took, so if you want to see them, you can go here and scroll to the bottom of the page. There will be a link there you can click on.

(ΞΞΞΞΞ)><@><||(=======================================
Elite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big is the box?
Is it tha same size as the Hoth Base, or as big as the 4504 Millenium Falcon?

Nice review Clone Emperor!!
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine it having the same size box as a set that had half its pieces.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
CloneZomberor
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a bit bigger than the Hoth Base but I don't know by how much because I don't have Hoth yet, and I don't know how big 4504 was because the one I got was cut down considerably so it would cost less going through the mail. Actual dimensions though, are 22.5" x 15" x 2.75".

Sabreman64

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloneEmperor wrote:
Yet again I have had a great experience with LEGO's customer service

I wish I could say that my experience of LEGO's customer service had been as good as yours. You may have seen my previous post in which I mentioned that after requesting a replacement Qui-Gon head, I was sent another Obi-Wan head. So I filled in the online form (again) requesting a Qui-Gon head, and 9 weeks later, I've still not received one. I think I'll give them another week or two and then try phoning them for a Qui-Gon head.
CloneZomberor
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can honestly say that all my experiences with LEGO customer service have been great. The only time I didn't get exactly what I requested was when I requested the service packs for both the AT-TE and Jango Fett's Slave I at the same time. Several weeks later I got a brand new Slave I that included the service pack, but I never got anything for the AT-TE. I've never requested the AT-TE service pack again because I lost the information on the differences between the two sets. (ie: the part number on the instruction booklets).

H3D1

Location: near Boston, MA Nerd Factor: Very High Annoyed: Yes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, but I've had a nagging question ever since I got the set a few weeks back. Do any of you have any mod ideas for the engines, to combat sagging of the entire rear section? That's the only qualm that I have with the set, but it's a big-ish one.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: