FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's that thing in the middle of AT-TE Walker 7675 do?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill The Builder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: What's that thing in the middle of AT-TE Walker 7675 do? Reply with quote

I just put together my AT-TE Walker 7675. In the middle there's a piece that you can draw up, but has no function. Could this be possible for a future Republic dropship, or whatever it's called? It seems perfect for latching on to something. Does anyone know what this piece is for?
Spotty166

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a handle to pick it up. The AT-AT also has one.
Bill The Builder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks. Although having a Dropship eventually would be cool, wouldn't it? Smile
Spotty166

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it would. Very Happy Of course it would have to be big to carry the at-te which would make it pretty pricey.
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at your Republic Gunship, you realize that the troop bay is connected to the top and the front in only a few places. I took five minutes and unhitched it from the rest of the gunship, and instantly I have an LAAT/c. It's easy to hook it back up again. Once I get an AT-TE, I'll be figuring out an attaching mechanism for this, and I'll post it.

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brick Fett

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/agree

I noticed this too Clonecommando007.

I own both just built the Gunship this last week and if I get enough free time this week I'd like to mess with altering it into an LAAT/c for my AT-TE.

Have to figure out a good mechanizim that can both hold the walker and not mess up the ability to convert it back to a regular Gunship.

Bill The Builder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. I haven't got the new Gunship yet, but once I do, I think I'll just try converting my old one into a LAAT/c.
RF Aurora

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had both for awhile, and never thought anything about the connectors. However, I did try it out, and had to make some minor modifications. The AT-TE is missing its mass driver in order to fit under the Laat/c, and I haven't made a connctor yet, instead resting the Laat/c on the turntable.

Here is the connection, the side, and the top. I dont dare move it as it is because the cockpit fell off and had to be rebuilt about 5 times, and it is such a weak connector to the walker.
Bill The Builder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics, gives me something to think about. I think if the Gunship was a little bit larger, the scale would be more accurate, I don't remember the AT-TE being that much longer or bigger than the Gunship.
Sandtrooper Platoon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bill, it is not so much that the AT-TE is that much out of scale with the RGS but that the LAAT/c and LAAT/i are fundamentally different.

If you check out pics of the LAAT/c in the fold out section for Ground Vehicles and Starfighters of the Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels you will notice that the dimensions of the LAAT/c are different to that of the LAAT/i.

Both RGS are 17.4m long, however their are a few differences.

The LAAT/c has only one cockpit.

The fuselage is shorter. The part where the AT-TE is placed (or where there is clear space without an AT-TE) comes all the way up to where the second cockpit begins on a LAAT/i.

There are no "pointy bits" on the engines (would look up what there called but it's late).

And one more thing, the wings hang lower for some reason. Don't know why, only have a side view comparison.

To make a more authentic LAAT/c, more mods would be required. Not that what CC007 and RFAurora have come up with aren't cool Cool Wink

Oh yeah, I took out the handle. Made the AT-TE look lamer than it already is. Although 7675 is closer to minifig scale, I find it is a lot more morose looking than the 4482, which was a better design.
Bill The Builder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll probably take ages before I get around to attempting to build it.

I actually like the new AT-TE better for some reason. What I don't like is that it still has this empty shell feeling; you can see inside too easily. I took apart the old one already to use for spare parts. I just don't have the room to have everything double, so I always display the newer model. I anyway find the newer ones better 90% of the time.
astoriabluelegos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Laat/c already in the works, but it uses a HEAVILY modded first edition Gunship, I'll post pics when it's done. It's compatible with both AT-TEs and the Clone Juggernaut. (Not canonical ofcourse since Juggernauts were WAY too big, but it works with the set version. Wink )

The Official, Eternal, StarWars Nit-Picker!
Jinx32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more curious with what is going on, on RF Aurora's desktop... Very Happy

J
RF Aurora

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jinx32 wrote:
I'm more curious with what is going on, on RF Aurora's desktop... Very Happy

J

That's just my DearS wallpaper, Ren and Miu(sp?) hugging.
Reference.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: