FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Mandalorian Armour

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FoxPrimus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Custom Mandalorian Armour Reply with quote

Well as a long time fan of Star Wars and Star Wars Lego I'm taking some time for Halloween to make my own Mando armour of such. I suppose my biggest influence has been from various groups like The Dented Helmet, Mandalorian Mercs, and of course the 501st.

So... so far I've found a neat looking set of hockey shoulder pads and I'm scratch building my helmet and plating for the body armour. So here's what I've gotten so far http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=187675
BrainMattR
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see the final product. Are you going to reinforce the helmet? I'd hate to see something damage the cardboard. i.e. spilled soda, etc.
FoxPrimus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrayMattR wrote:
Can't wait to see the final product. Are you going to reinforce the helmet? I'd hate to see something damage the cardboard. i.e. spilled soda, etc.

Haha! Yeah no this one's goin ta be scratch built so in the end it'll be tougher than most plastic molds. Most people use thick paper or construction paper, the trick is to Bondo the out side of the helmet then sand to smoothen and shape and on the inside of the helmet you can use any number of different types of fiber glass.

Heck I'm going even stronger for mine by using Lego boxes which are much harder to shape and cut than paper but still quite worth it in the end and for now the inside's lined with black Hockey Tape but later on I'll use a plastic spray of sorts or fiber glass. Believe me when it comes to making your own design and or customizing, it's a heck of a lot easier to cut paper and cardboard than plastic or sintra.
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you look like you want to kill someone in that picture?

Chew them out and spit them up. It's the way of the Nooblet.
Dalek Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because he does. and his first victim - you!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: