FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7194 Yoda Jedi Master (UCS)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Pete

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: 7194 Yoda Jedi Master (UCS) Reply with quote

This is a set which I've never really harboured any great desire to own as I'm not really that into UCS sets (give me the minifigs, baby!) but I spotted it on ebay with 10 mins left and no bids and a start price of just 25. So I slapped in a speculative bid assuming I'd get outbid and to my surprise, no one else bid, so I won it! Surprised

It arrived today and after checking the parts vs Bricklink and confirming it was complete, I've just spent the last couple of hours building. I found it quite an enjoyable and yet challenging build ... lots of the same colour and an irregular shape afterall.

The thing that impresses (or even, mystifies) me is how someone goes about creating such a model. I just can't get it through my head as to where you'd start with such a model.

You build it in layers (obviously) and the instructions are clear and simple, although it does pay to check you've made it right at each stage, hehe! Wink As a result, the set comes together slowly but surely.

I'm especially impressed with the design of the head ... I think it's pretty accurate, considering it's made of angular bricks. I also like the detail they've managed to get done with the sleeves and how they drape and how he leans on his stick etc

It really does look awesome when built ... quite a bit bigger than I expected. I now just have the dilemma of wondering where to put it! hehe

If you can find it cheap, like me, I wouldn't hesitate in buying it Cool

Ratings (on a scale of 1 to 10):

Parts: 7/10 (mostly basic pieces, but a lot of sand green, which is cool)
Minifigs: 0/10 (there aren't any!)
Detail: 10/10
Playability: 5/10 (it's really a display piece .... but I have had fun talking like Yoda at my g/f this evening Wink )
Price to parts: 10/10 (I only paid 25 from ebay 2nd hand)
Availability: 1/10 (as it's not available new any more)
OVERALL RATING: 9/10
Zombiekid24
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built this with my girlfriend about 2 years ago when I got mine used. It's sort of a tedious build but the end result is pretty satisfying. I was going to take him apart to sell him but he's been sitting complete on my bookshelf ever since.

I like the build of his gimer stick and how they made it look bent rather than straight up and down and the detail in his hands and how they hold it.
Mera_Bassil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How tall is this set? And what are the dimensions of the box?
Big Pete

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The model is a shade over 13 inches tall.

Box is 22.5" by 15.5" by 2.75".
Mera_Bassil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You! Now to make space on my shelf.
chump

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: