FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exclusive Clone Wars army builder set at Comic Con?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deco_droid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lights wrote:
deco_droid wrote:
wow, whoever was in charge of making that display doesn't know how to spell "collectible"... now they can't recognize proper spelling (or even work their spellcheck) Rolling Eyes

Hey there Spelling Master. We're not all perfect. Not even you.

....and? ....your point is?

i guess i'm too "old school" for you, mr. lights man, but "collectible" is still the original spelling. sadly, merriam-webster adds "misspelled" versions of words from time to time, as to not hurt the feelings of the people who can't get it right.

Wink

"it's jigowatt, mcfly! now why don't you make like a tree and get outta here..."
DavinD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fetty wrote:
DavinD wrote:
I bought this on eBay and got a Clone Battle Pack inside instead of the Droid Battle Pack. I don't suspect foul play, as it doesn't change the value and everything else was there.

Thoughts?

I think you've been had. Is the DBP unavailable in the US? That could be why.

I don't see why they would replace a DBP with a CBP. They are the same price. Both of which are still widely available.

Can someone else who got one validate the contents of their package? The extra clone troopers were in a zip lock, and the helmet accessories were in a sealed bag inside the ziplock. Also, was the box supposed to be sealed?
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clone battle pack isn't even available in the U.S. anymore.
tamuhockey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavinD wrote:
Master Fetty wrote:
DavinD wrote:
I bought this on eBay and got a Clone Battle Pack inside instead of the Droid Battle Pack. I don't suspect foul play, as it doesn't change the value and everything else was there.

Thoughts?

I think you've been had. Is the DBP unavailable in the US? That could be why.

I don't see why they would replace a DBP with a CBP. They are the same price. Both of which are still widely available.

Can someone else who got one validate the contents of their package? The extra clone troopers were in a zip lock, and the helmet accessories were in a sealed bag inside the ziplock. Also, was the box supposed to be sealed?

I can confirm this - contents include the poster, the Halifire Droid set, a CLONE Battle Pack, and then the ziploc of extra clone troopers with the helmet accessories in a seperate sealed bag, inside the ziploc.

Not sure why they included a CLONE BP, very strange.

My Custom Clone Wars RGS on: Brickshelf & MOCpages
MosEisleyTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMaster, yes the minifigures were glued down and you could open the front of the cube. I forgot until I looked at the picture that it also had 2 stormtroopers inside!

I have a couple of the ComicCon sets that I haven't opened, but I would have a hard time believing that the minifigures would be in zip-lock bags. I suppose it is possible since this set was probably put together at LEGOLAND or something since the cardboard box is entirely different than regular sets. They are also not sealed in any way so it would be very easy for someone to make a switch. I'm not quite sure why someone would switch Battle Droids with Clone Troopers though as I would think the clones are more popular/valuable. I'm also not entirely clear if you got Episode III clones or extra Episode II clones or is there actually a sealed Battle Pack box within the box?
tamuhockey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MosEisleyTC wrote:
TheMaster, yes the minifigures were glued down and you could open the front of the cube. I forgot until I looked at the picture that it also had 2 stormtroopers inside!

I have a couple of the ComicCon sets that I haven't opened, but I would have a hard time believing that the minifigures would be in zip-lock bags. I suppose it is possible since this set was probably put together at LEGOLAND or something since the cardboard box is entirely different than regular sets. They are also not sealed in any way so it would be very easy for someone to make a switch. I'm not quite sure why someone would switch Battle Droids with Clone Troopers though as I would think the clones are more popular/valuable. I'm also not entirely clear if you got Episode III clones or extra Episode II clones or is there actually a sealed Battle Pack box within the box?

Its just a ziploc bag with Rex, and 4 Episode II Clones. Their accessories are in a sealed bag, inside that ziploc. I don't suspect tampering, as I would think if someone was tampering, they wouldn't swap out a Droid BP for the more valuable Clone BP, and certainly wouldn't leave Rex and the 4 extra Clones, untouched. The contents of that ziploc bag are worth more on the secondary market right now, than the rest of the stuff in there combined.

My Custom Clone Wars RGS on: Brickshelf & MOCpages
DavinD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tamuhockey wrote:
MosEisleyTC wrote:

Its just a ziploc bag with Rex, and 4 Episode II Clones. Their accessories are in a sealed bag, inside that ziploc. I don't suspect tampering, as I would think if someone was tampering, they wouldn't swap out a Droid BP for the more valuable Clone BP, and certainly wouldn't leave Rex and the 4 extra Clones, untouched. The contents of that ziploc bag are worth more on the secondary market right now, than the rest of the stuff in there combined.

I wonder if they were all like that. I have many extra DBPs, so it's no big deal. I have a second Comic Con set coming as well and I will compare since the boxes are not sealed.
Brick Fett

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. I missed this post.

I got this set at the Con in San Diego and made a review here.

For some reason I actualy got the Droid Battle pack like it shows on the box rather than the clone one. But I didn't get mine from ebay and I would rather have the clone pack. hehe

DavinD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tamuhockey wrote:
MosEisleyTC wrote:

I did get the Episode II clones as well as a sealed Clone Battle Pack. I consider this a bonus myself. Here's how it went.

Lego Employee 1: Dude, we're out of Droid Battle Packs

Lego Employee 2: Put Clone ones in there, they'll never notice.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like someone on Brickshelf sure stocked up pretty good on these sets. Holy Exclusive Sets Batman

DeviantART|Brickshelf
RF Aurora

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the poster in DD's link showed a Commander Fox in shocky colors, is that ina set thats already out, or a future set?
Sandtrooper Platoon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RF Aurora wrote:
I noticed the poster in DD's link showed a Commander Fox in shocky colors, is that ina set thats already out, or a future set?

Commander Fox is in the TRU exclusive 7681 set. Hope that helps?
http://starwars.lego.com/en-us/products/clonewars/7681.aspx

In the above pic, I noticed the four clones with Rex box would translate well to a Lego set. I would pay BP prices for the five clones versus paying for four clones with 72 bricks that build a lackluster speeder and a gun turret.
Whose with me? Although I doubt Lego will ever bring out a "true" army builder, purely with minifigs.
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost anyone would prefer 5 phase I minifigs and no vehicle to what we have now...but what has been explained already is Lego can't sell just the figures under the Star Wars license.
zombieboy
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: sweet Reply with quote

i just looked on ebay for that set, and the cheapest one was 90 dollars, i soo want that set really badly.
ricefields

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavinD wrote:
tamuhockey wrote:
MosEisleyTC wrote:

I did get the Episode II clones as well as a sealed Clone Battle Pack. I consider this a bonus myself. Here's how it went.

Lego Employee 1: Dude, we're out of Droid Battle Packs

Lego Employee 2: Put Clone ones in there, they'll never notice.

I did acquired two of these sets from sellers who attended the conference. One came with the droid pack, the other came with the clone pack so it appears that the droid pack was commonly replaced with the clone pack (which I think is better!). All the other parts and how they were bagged / boxed were the same ie. all the rex and clone troopers were found in an unmarked ziplock bag. I am suprised though that these boxes had no seals so any one could have tampered with the contents but buying two of them to compare and reading that others had the clone packs assured me no tampering was ever done.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: