FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Security for "Clone Wars" sets.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigospedros wrote:
Why is it so shocking to see a company protecting their assets from theft ?

It's the fact that Lego are doing it now, ever since the surge in stealing minifigs from boxes took place. The sets from last year and this year's Clone Wars sets prove how scumbags are using Ebay as a marketplace to sell stolen minifigs which only come in expensive sets. The minifigs go for alot of money (after bidders bump up the price) and thus, Lego is proving a good way for criminals to earn abit on the side. They're playing the market and making money. Confused

I'm done on this topic now. The scumbags are here to stay, as is the security. Confused
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Rebo wrote:
ThinkingImpaired wrote:
[
There's that fear factor that if you make one wrong move while trying to steal $50 worth from a store you could spend 10+ years in prison.

Sounds a little harsh and VERY expensive for the taxpayer!

Not if you charge the inmates for their food...and make them work for their money to buy their food at 45 cents an hour. There are other expenses though....so at the beginning of this it could be expensive for taxpayers but after a decade it should go down quite a bit.

There's always simply putting HUGE fines for shoplifting instead....that would probably be more realistic.
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not one to lock threads, but I think everyone needs a timeout. Well, okay, one person *really* needs a timeout, but the rest of you could stand some time to chill, too. Razz
Topic reopen after the offtopic clutter has been purged.
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me on the other hand... locking threads and bashing people is the source of my evil power. There was so much stupid flying around this thread I wish I had the power of bannination. Instead, I've already passed on names to those that do.

Allow me to pull this rule, the very first one, from the CoC...

1. Use of inappropriate language will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, statements, images, usernames, and words that are sexual, vulgar, obscene, profane, defamatory, abusive, hateful, bigoted, or otherwise offensive to others; thinly-veiled obscenities (using alternate letters/symbols); harassment and verbal attacks intended to belittle, humiliate, threaten, or cause embarrassment to another Member; and material advocating or discussing illegal activities.

That includes bashing any people or peoples for their religion, heritage, or birth.

And come on... stealing is a crime, but it's just a good. It can be replaced, and people who do it get caught. Simple as that. Punishment should fit the crime, and if you think that locking up someone up for 10 years because they ripped off a few toys is just... well... just think about it...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: