FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

There are thieves among us. A Gunship tale of woe.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inzane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starsmore wrote:
Well, actually, the seller is forcing the buyer to pay the price their asking for, because for someone who doesn't want to spend $10.50 on a minifig (current eBay pricing for the new CW mf) is out of luck. They either pay the ripoff price, or they go without. Just because SOMEONE out there is willing to pay that price doesn't make it any less of a ripoff.

You appear to be completely clueless on the concept of a free market economy.
kyphur

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starsmore wrote:
Well, actually, the seller is forcing the buyer to pay the price their asking for, because for someone who doesn't want to spend $10.50 on a minifig (current eBay pricing for the new CW mf) is out of luck. They either pay the ripoff price, or they go without. Just because SOMEONE out there is willing to pay that price doesn't make it any less of a ripoff.

So, you have the "Right" to force a seller to sell at the price you want to pay but the seller doesn't have the right to request you to pay the price they'd like you to pay if you choose to buy from them?

It's simple you have choices:

1. Wait for the price to drop, which it will once more sets are released.

2. Buy more sets at full price (maybe you could sell of the vehicles for dirt cheap so you don't rip-off anyone).

3. Steal, risk getting caught and explaining to your cellie that you're in for "stealing toys".

4. At this point if your on your own but keep it legal.

BTW, no I'm not encouraging anyone to actually steal. I've had stuff of mine stolen and I despise thiefs & liars.
zombieboy
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: that is down right mean Reply with quote

i cant think of anyone meaner than who did that. wonder what they were thinking. just imagine a 10 or 12 year old who saved that money, got it, got home and opened it, they would be mad. hopefully that never happens to me.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: