FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

 
 ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New pics of 7678-7681 (from Official retail catalog)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DestructiveZombie
Undead!


Joined: 23 Sep 2006
Location: City of Evil, Canada

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, the old one was proudly grey.
_________________

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ImpairedZombie
Undead!


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Location: Arizona

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That adds a point to the old one.
_________________
XBLive = BlitzKreger
><>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DestructiveZombie
Undead!


Joined: 23 Sep 2006
Location: City of Evil, Canada

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you don't like bley that is. For someone like me, I couldn't care less if it's grey or bley.
_________________

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
etcknight



Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang! That new RGS is hugey-mongoid! Er...Huge! I have to agree that the old one was great for it's time. Still one of my all time fav's.

While the new RGS is much bigger with more details, IMO that also makes it more expensive and more difficult to "swoosh" - therefore, making it less attractive in IMO.

Plus, you can't beat the original EpsII Clones!! (vs. new Clone Wars)

Overall, I've been somewhat put off by the new Clone Wars sets. While really great designs, they're all so dang expensive! Curse you Lego! I love and hate you at the same time! Evil or Very Mad

**Walmart Prices**
7673 Magna Guard Starfighter $45
7674 V-19 Torrent $55

AT-TE $80-ish (can't remember exactly)
Republic Gunship $112
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Captain Fordo



Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Location: In your worst Nighmares...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend picked up an AT-TE and I saw the figs...I have fallen in love with the new clones, I think they might actually be better than the old Phase 1's. And I definitely think the new RGS is far superior to the old one in almost every way, to me there's no question. Where did you get those prices from Walmart Etcknight?
_________________
I <3 ARC Troopers.

Previously Known as Commander Bacara...but I forgot my password :\.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sandtrooper Platoon



Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Location: Mos Eisley, Tatooine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam89 wrote:
Quote:
However, the RGS looks great. It is longer thus making it more accurate and appears to look much more like the RGS in the movies, despite the bubble turrets missing.

Question: Why lose the turrets? Are they that hard to animate? It doesn't make sense from a continuation perspective. In AOTC, we see RGS' with bubbles and also in every shot of the RGS in ROTS.

In the trailer we see that these appear to be new high-altitude RGSs. You'll also notice that the side doors now close completely.
Quote:
Second, the P-38 Utapaun Starfighter now appears to be a MagnaDroid Fighter? OR SO WE ARE LED TO BELIEVE BY THE LEGO COMPANY. I may be jumping the gun, but IF in the Clone Wars movie the P-38 is in fact a Separatist craft and not a ship utilized by the Utapauns when helping the Clone forces fight off their occupiers then Lucas should not have allowed a book to be published with full spec of the craft (in the Star Wars: Complete cross sections book) and the databank info on SW.com should be changed.

Being a writer and a storyteller, I am a stickler for continuation problems. I hope that the first two plotholes (RGS turrets, Droids in Delta-7's) are explained somewhere along the way, and I just guess that the last one (MagnaGaurd or Utapaun P-38 fighter) is a Lego company mistake. Like having Lobot flying in a Cloud Car instead of two CC Gaurds or a Shadowtrooper piloting a dropship instead of an Imperial Pilot.

You see Magna Guards flying the fighter in the trailer.

I also disagree about the new AT-TE. The new one looks better than the old one.


High Altitude RGS: I wonder what the reason is that the High Altitude RGS didn't appear to be popular at the end of the Clone Wars. Maybe it turns out that the bubble turret version gives better protection from an offensive point of view, being that we never see them being employed in ROTS.

You'd think they would be put to good use on Utapau... Maybe they were running low on supplies of the High Altitude version of the RGS. Or the original RGS is, as I said before, better on the offensive.
Could the new model be be employed in space, being that they are fully enclosed? Would the propulsion system work in space?

Personally, I still think it might be the simple fact that bubble turrets would have made it harder to animate.

Unless the Magna Droids have stolen or procured some P-38's after occupation of Utapau, they need to change the following information:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/p38starfighter/index.html

And, it appears that Anakin also tinkered with Obi-Wan's Delta-7. Perhaps the reason why R4-P17 got an R2 unit body.
Check out the gallery section, and then pic5.
http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/site/index.html
Also check out Pic7, what is that? Another strike fighter? Looks great. Now that would make a great Lego set.

I think there is a difference between the AOTC AT-TE and the CW AT-TE. Taking a closer look at the latest preview, the AT-TE appears to be reticulated. However, the AT-TE in Episode II looks very much like it is rigid and not able to bend in the middle.

I'll stick to the older AT-TE. The 4482 design makes the AT-TE look ****ing fearsome. The new design, IMHO, has lost it's edge.
_________________
"Wow! Did you see that Jawa's head come apart man?!?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zombiegoo
Undead!


Joined: 03 May 2006
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandtrooper Platoon wrote:
sam89 wrote:
Quote:
However, the RGS looks great. It is longer thus making it more accurate and appears to look much more like the RGS in the movies, despite the bubble turrets missing.

Question: Why lose the turrets? Are they that hard to animate? It doesn't make sense from a continuation perspective. In AOTC, we see RGS' with bubbles and also in every shot of the RGS in ROTS.

In the trailer we see that these appear to be new high-altitude RGSs. You'll also notice that the side doors now close completely.
Quote:
Second, the P-38 Utapaun Starfighter now appears to be a MagnaDroid Fighter? OR SO WE ARE LED TO BELIEVE BY THE LEGO COMPANY. I may be jumping the gun, but IF in the Clone Wars movie the P-38 is in fact a Separatist craft and not a ship utilized by the Utapauns when helping the Clone forces fight off their occupiers then Lucas should not have allowed a book to be published with full spec of the craft (in the Star Wars: Complete cross sections book) and the databank info on SW.com should be changed.

Being a writer and a storyteller, I am a stickler for continuation problems. I hope that the first two plotholes (RGS turrets, Droids in Delta-7's) are explained somewhere along the way, and I just guess that the last one (MagnaGaurd or Utapaun P-38 fighter) is a Lego company mistake. Like having Lobot flying in a Cloud Car instead of two CC Gaurds or a Shadowtrooper piloting a dropship instead of an Imperial Pilot.

You see Magna Guards flying the fighter in the trailer.

I also disagree about the new AT-TE. The new one looks better than the old one.


High Altitude RGS: I wonder what the reason is that the High Altitude RGS didn't appear to be popular at the end of the Clone Wars. Maybe it turns out that the bubble turret version gives better protection from an offensive point of view, being that we never see them being employed in ROTS.

You'd think they would be put to good use on Utapau... Maybe they were running low on supplies of the High Altitude version of the RGS. Or the original RGS is, as I said before, better on the offensive.
Could the new model be be employed in space, being that they are fully enclosed? Would the propulsion system work in space?

Just to mention, all the gunships in the original animated series (at least in vol. 1) also lacked bubble turrets, so it's definately nothing new.

Secondly, in ROTS there isn't quite need for high-altitude gunships. Utapau is one of the few assaults from the orbit, and if I recall correctly the Venators did come relatively low to the atmosphere, so even there the use of high-altitude ships wasn't quite necessary.
_________________
Brickshelf|Majhost.com
><>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth's Zombie
Destroyed!


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Location: Columbus, OH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandtrooper Platoon wrote:

Also check out Pic7, what is that? Another strike fighter? Looks great. Now that would make a great Lego set.


Looks like another Imperial Shuttle derivative. Perhaps an even earlier version of the shuttle seen in ROTS.
_________________


Last edited by Darth's Zombie on Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zombie Fetty
Undead!


Joined: 03 Aug 2005
Location: I'm really not sure

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandtrooper Platoon wrote:
High Altitude RGS: I wonder what the reason is that the High Altitude RGS didn't appear to be popular at the end of the Clone Wars. Maybe it turns out that the bubble turret version gives better protection from an offensive point of view, being that we never see them being employed in ROTS.

You'd think they would be put to good use on Utapau... Maybe they were running low on supplies of the High Altitude version of the RGS. Or the original RGS is, as I said before, better on the offensive.
Could the new model be be employed in space, being that they are fully enclosed? Would the propulsion system work in space?

Personally, I still think it might be the simple fact that bubble turrets would have made it harder to animate.


As Galagoo said, there was no battle in ROTS that was 'high altitude'.

Sandtrooper Platoon wrote:
Unless the Magna Droids have stolen or procured some P-38's after occupation of Utapau, they need to change the following information:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/p38starfighter/index.html


I think if you expect the databank to be kept up to date, you'll need to get a job at SW.com. Otherwise, it'll stay like that. And of course, you can't dispute their appearance in one of the trailers.

Sandtrooper Platoon wrote:
I think there is a difference between the AOTC AT-TE and the CW AT-TE. Taking a closer look at the latest preview, the AT-TE appears to be reticulated. However, the AT-TE in Episode II looks very much like it is rigid and not able to bend in the middle.


I think even you can excuse it for animation.

I think, SP, that you are forgetting that this is a film, with a primary purpose to entertain, not make perfect sense.

As for the sets - I think once again, this is a case of trying to boost sales, rather than be 100% accurate.[/quote]
_________________

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Zombie Fetty
Undead!


Joined: 03 Aug 2005
Location: I'm really not sure

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any idea what the price of these in the UK will be?
_________________

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Captain Fordo



Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Location: In your worst Nighmares...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better question, does anyone care what the prices of these will be in the UK? Wink

Seriously though I have some of them, not 100% sure if they are right but they look like they are. I don't have the UK money symbol so bear with me:

- AT-TE: 70$
- RGS: 80$
- Magnaguard Ship: 40$
- Torrent: 50$

All prices in pounds.
_________________
I <3 ARC Troopers.

Previously Known as Commander Bacara...but I forgot my password :\.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ImpairedZombie
Undead!


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Location: Arizona

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alt code 156 =
_________________
XBLive = BlitzKreger
><>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Zombie Fetty
Undead!


Joined: 03 Aug 2005
Location: I'm really not sure

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

So that's 240 for the lot? That's not too bad.
_________________

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!


Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Location: A Long Time Ago, but somehow in the Future...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Fordo wrote:

- AT-TE: 70$
- RGS: 80$
- Magnaguard Ship: 40$
- Torrent: 50$

All prices in pounds.


Fordo, for a minute there, I believed in miracles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
etcknight



Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Fordo wrote:
Where did you get those prices from Walmart Etcknight?

etcknight wrote:
**Walmart Prices**
7673 Magna Guard Starfighter $45
7674 V-19 Torrent $55

AT-TE $80-ish (can't remember exactly)
Republic Gunship $112

Many Walmarts have already started putting out the Clone Wars Lego sets out on their shelves with pricing info, so this is where I got it.

**Update**
AT-TE $88
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ImpairedZombie
Undead!


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Location: Arizona

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walmart has the RAG for $8 below retail?
_________________
XBLive = BlitzKreger
><>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
starbattle11



Joined: 05 Dec 2005
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i am really looking forward to all of the clone wars sets, do you think that it is likely that they will release dooku and other CIS leaders?

Thanks, Starbattle11*
_________________
If you like Lego Clone Wars, Take a look at this site: www.phpbbplanet.com/masteryoda/
{=[=[]0]=-[=-]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Zomkeeken
Undead!


Joined: 17 Feb 2007

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New CIS leaders like Nute Gunray, Wat Tambor and Poggle the Lesser would be cool. Hopefully, we'll see some of them in 2009.
_________________
Member# 3593

Let's Go Ducks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Zombie Fetty
Undead!


Joined: 03 Aug 2005
Location: I'm really not sure

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkingImpaired wrote:
Walmart has the RAG for $8 below retail?


If that's true, we Brits have been screwed over by a giant margin. Wink
_________________

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Morbie19
Undead!


Joined: 05 Feb 2005
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkingImpaired wrote:
Walmart has the RAG for $8 below retail?


My local Wally doesn't have any of the new sets yet and I rarely go there, but when I have their sets are usually a few dollars below MSRP across the board. Might be worth a trip this weekend, if anyone has one near them.

m19
_________________

Brickshelf | Flickr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Eno Razzi



Joined: 29 May 2005
Location: Long Island, New York

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why set 7680 has the crappy old R2 head & not the nice new one that is coming out in the death star set?
_________________
Camelot, Camelot, Camelot! It's only a model. SHHHHH!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigospedros



Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

makes people want the DS set more that way ... Wink
_________________
I used to post here as "Big Pete" but my account got screwed ...

My Current Lego Collection (thanks Brickset!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zombiegoo
Undead!


Joined: 03 May 2006
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering the very same thing. I think bigospedros is on the right track, LEGO wants the DS to really be an exclusive.

It could be cost issues, too (like the nice new one being too expensive to make to be put in the already-so-much-costing Twilight), or some completely other reason. Mistake by designers, perhaps?
_________________
Brickshelf|Majhost.com
><>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Pityles



Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere in Minnesota. UFFDA!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is certainly craptacular. All these wonderful sets that I once thought were bantha poodoo are now not so bad. But I'm not getting any 'coz I'm saving up for the DS playset.

*sigh*

As much as I would love to go out and get one of the new sets, I know that getting EVERY SINGLE CLASSIC MINIFIGURE is well worth the wait. Plus I get paid soon. Smile
_________________
For some reason, I always have a bad feeling about things.

If you are a Christian, put this in your signature :><>

It's Lego, NOT LEGOs!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yesh the Gearhead



Joined: 30 May 2005
Location: The Stoneship Age

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fetty wrote:
Sandtrooper Platoon wrote:
I think there is a difference between the AOTC AT-TE and the CW AT-TE. Taking a closer look at the latest preview, the AT-TE appears to be reticulated. However, the AT-TE in Episode II looks very much like it is rigid and not able to bend in the middle.


I think even you can excuse it for animation.

I think, SP, that you are forgetting that this is a film, with a primary purpose to entertain, not make perfect sense.

As for the sets - I think once again, this is a case of trying to boost sales, rather than be 100% accurate.


Actually, the AT-TE's in AOTC clones are reticulated, as even the original TLC set features the black area in the middle for the flexible portion. The incredible cross section also shows the area too, and though Battlefront is rarely canonical, the AT-TE in that flexes there too (I think). You just don't really see it in AOTC because they are walking in a straight line most of the time onscreen. The exaggerated animation in CW is primarily why it is easier to notice.
_________________
FLICKR!
Attention, any guitar, music, or wikia savvy folks, the guitar wikia needs your help!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RF Aurora



Joined: 20 Apr 2007
Location: Seneca, IL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bringing this back to the top because I have a few questions about the tx tank. Why a general clone commander instead of some new one?
_________________
Infinite Bricks in Infinite Combinations(IBrIC)
"Remind me again...How'd I get suckered into this?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
11numnumnum
Undead!


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Location: Isn't it Obvious?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's Major Monochrome Razz .
_________________
I has a flickr!
It's Official: I got Eighth in Reasonably Clever's Pumping Iron Contest!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group