FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favre traded to the New York Jets

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto007

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Favre traded to the New York Jets Reply with quote

I just looked on Sportscenter this morning and it said that Favre was traded to the Jets. Favre was very unhappy with the Green Bay Packers organization. For those of you who don't know, Brett Favre is a Hall of Fame quarterback, which decided to retire in February. The Packers decided to move on without him. Then he decided to come back to football (American football) but the Packers had already moved on. Both sides were very unhappy. Favre played his whole career in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The two front runners were Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and the New York Jets. The Packers recieved a fourth round draft pick, but it might be a third rounder, or a second rounder, if the Jets do well with Favre as thier starting QB. By the way, Favre was paid 20 million by the Packer organization to stay retired.
Samurai Moose

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, after him bawling his eyes out when he retired last year, I can not take him seriously. Sure, hey may be a good athlete, but after that press conference, he really should have just stayed retired. He is getting old, and he probably will have a terrible season.

Another reason why I love hockey; there isn't this much drama Very Happy
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehh he won't have a terrible season but he still should've stayed retired.
Zomkeeken
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Favre traded to the New York Jets Reply with quote

Ya, I saw that last night on Sportscenter, just before I went to bed. He definitely should have retired. Although I am a Packers fan, I wish him well and hope that he is not a complete disaster on the Jets.

KitFisto007 wrote:
The Packers decided to move on without him. Then he decided to come back to football (American football) but the Packers had already moved on. Both sides were very unhappy.

Technically its not that the Packers didn't want him, its the fact that they couldn't take him back. Its the last year on Aaron Rogers contract and they knew very well, that if Rogers didn't start this season, he definitely wasn't going to resign with the Packers.

Let's Go Ducks!
Inzane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samurai Moose wrote:
Another reason why I love hockey; there isn't this much drama Very Happy

Not much drama in Hockey?

Are you old enough to remember the Gretzky trade?

And how about that recent players' strike? (because of course NHL players don't make enough money.. Rolling Eyes )
Falcon Man

Location: In a tree. Species: Human, I think. Cheese: Wait, what?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkingImpaired wrote:

Yea I bet as soon as he starts playing with the Jets he'll break a hip or somthing. He's too old for football.
KitFisto007

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Madden Curse...
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon Man wrote:
ThinkingImpaired wrote:

Yea I bet as soon as he starts playing with the Jets he'll break a hip or somthing. He's too old for football.

No, he's still in good shape he's just not in his prime.
Zomkeeken
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like ThinkingImpaired said, he's still in fairly good shape. So its unlikely that he'll go and break something, except for maybe a finger, which he seems to break every year. He just won't preform as well as he has in the past due to him being 38 and past his prime.

Let's Go Ducks!
Zombie_Fisto
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was right then, he did come back.

And you all assured me he was gone for good...

Smile

Vidzombie wrote:
/slurps up Kit's remaining mess.
patientzombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did the NFL become such a soap opera? I want to see some football games, not hear about this garbage. This is like “The Young and the Breathless.” He still won’t make it to the Super Bowl again.
The Department of Redundancy Department
forceman9530

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is not exactly past his prime because he had one of his best seasons last year and came within a couple plays of going to the Super Bowl. I think he wants to end his career on an extremely high note, like John Elway. He was tired after last year and thought it was the end, but now he had time to rest and rethink that decision, ultimatly screwing over his good connections with the Packers. I think he'll be lucky if the Jets make the wildcard because New York has a different style of playing and he has to take it on the run. The second game of the season (vs. the Patriots) will probably show how much the Jets have improved, even though the Patriots lost some great players (Samuel for one, though I'm an Eagles fan, so I'm happy about that) they are still a team to be reckoned with, although for the past couple of years the super bowl losers have a horrible following season.
Concerning SC, they took this waayy too far. For the entire day and night no one knew what else was happening in the sports world because poor Brett Favre got traded. It was interesting to hear about it for the first five minutes, but the next twenty hours was ridiculous. Just sit back and watch how he does, quit your spectulating on how far he will go and if it was a good trade, sheesh
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: