FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone else missing pieces from new sets?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigj22

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Anyone else missing pieces from new sets? Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone else was missing pieces from the new sets. I know its not uncommon but the V-19 was missing one of the long yellow pieces and Gunship was missing a few as well. I am very anal when putting them together and always open the bags in a bin and go from there. So I know they aren't lost. Anyways these sets are cool!!! Smile
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else missing pieces from new sets? Reply with quote

bigj22 wrote:
I know its not uncommon but the V-19 was missing one of the long yellow pieces

If you mean the Technic beam, check the parts list-- there's only supposed to be one. Then look at the instructions again closely. The instructions are to attach it to one engine to line up the holes, remove it in the next step, and then use the same piece again to line up the other engine.

But no, not missing anything so far.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
xwingyoda

Location: An X-Wing crashed in the Eiffel Tower - not the Vegas one !!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G I was pretty scared to open that tiopic and find out yet other mistakes by TLC in this line, but nope pfeww thats a relief Wink

Yeay Morgan explained that perfectly.

Yoda

My BS Folder & Flickr
bigj22

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the input. I feel real dumb Laughing
xwingyoda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigj22 wrote:
thanks for the input. I feel real dumb Laughing

Laughing I have to admit the new instructions are not very clear at times. I did several mistakes building the twilight Laughing

Yoda

My BS Folder & Flickr
Captain Fordo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the instructions for the RGS were okay, although the seperation of Light Gray, Dark Gray, and Black has always given me trouble. However I was not actually missing any pieces. In fact I got two pairs of Assaj's lightsaber handles and two clone accessory bags Wink.

Previously Known as Commander Bacara...but I forgot my password :\.
xwingyoda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Fordo wrote:
I thought the instructions for the RGS were okay, although the seperation of Light Gray, Dark Gray, and Black has always given me trouble. However I was not actually missing any pieces. In fact I got two pairs of Assaj's lightsaber handles and two clone accessory bags Wink.

I so agree with you: seeing the difference between greys and black can be annoying at times Wink

Yeay I love the fact they double Asajj's hilts and the clonie accessory polybag, thats a cool gesture Ihave to say. And I read that its the same thing with the AT-TE, you get an extra polybag Wink

Yoda

My BS Folder & Flickr
cephalopoid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone get any extra, extra pieces?
I know there are the usual extra greeble/light/technique pieces, but for the RGS, I got an extra baggie with Commander Cody accessories.

Ooop. Never mind.

I guess I should READ!

Last edited by cephalopoid on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both posts right above you just said they did.
Greg Hyland

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to be missing about 5 pieces from the Twilight. Two light gray plates and three Technic beams (so far). I almost feel I'm missing a whole bag! The beams I have extras of in my collection, but not the plates.

xwingyoda wrote:
I have to admit the new instructions are not very clear at times. I did several mistakes building the twilight

I've gone over the instructions a few times to to make sure I haven't made a mistake-- because you're right, it'as easy to do! Guess I'll have to call customer service. I haven't had a set with missing pieces since 1999 (the Gungan Sub!).
"You'll thank me when you share my politics!"
xwingyoda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Hyland wrote:
I haven't had a set with missing pieces since 1999 (the Gungan Sub!).

Thats pretty good !! I only had 2 problems: wrong head in the Republic Cruiser (like everyone and the first release), and I had a misprinted disc on my UCS Tie Adavanced. I mean its nothing regarding all the sets I bought Wink

Yoda

My BS Folder & Flickr
Count Blacktron

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xwingyoda wrote:
Captain Fordo wrote:

and the clonie accessory polybag, thats a cool gesture Ihave to say. And I read that its the same thing with the AT-TE, you get an extra polybag Wink

Yoda

Nope. Just one. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it's not one of the new sets, when I bought an MTT there was a WHOLE BAG of pieces missing! Mad That was really irritating.
Al

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an interesting one for you all.

I just bought my Republic Attack Gunship today, and upon first inspecting all the contents, I noticed that the entire sticker sheet was missing! Yep, that bane of clumsy fingers and twitchy hands was non-existent in my set. And to be honest, while I am glad this is the only thing left out of the set (I think), I actually really wanted to decorate my particular gunship so that it looked just like the "Lucky Lekku" of the movie.

Maybe if I ever get a second one, I'll use its sticker sheet to decorate both ships. The unliked LAAT/i can become the "Crumb Bomber."

Has anyone ever had Customer service replace a whole sticker sheet?
Captain Ausome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One place you might want to check before you order is the other end of the box. I thought my magna guard starfighter's stickers were missing but then i searched the box and found that they were tucked into the place between the two flaps on the end of the box i didnt open. (kinda hard to explain).
AJ.Z

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got all the pieces and more. Someone mentioned the clone acessory bag and 2 pairs of lightsabers which is the same for me
Al

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One place you might want to check before you order is the other end of the box. I thought my magna guard starfighter's stickers were missing but then i searched the box and found that they were tucked into the place between the two flaps on the end of the box i didnt open. (kinda hard to explain).

That advice would have renewed my search for them, had I not actually opened the box at both ends when I put it down in my room. I stuck my arm (with some difficulty; the box isn't that thick) through the whole thing and even shone a flashlight in there. The stickers are definitely MIA.

And there is no way they probably slipped out of the box. I checked the box's integrity while at Wal-Mart. It was sealed at both ends with the factory tape, and the box had no nicks or creases in it. Somehow, Lego just forgot the stickers. I guess, like most LAAT/i owners, I can take consolation in the extra bag of parts for the clones as well as the extra pair of curved lightsaber handles.

Thank you for helping, though.
thornback

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does 7676 come in numbered parts bags like the older sets? because i bought an old set and certain bags had been taken out which contained the minifigs.
Gingerbeard Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al wrote:
The stickers are definitely MIA.

Have you leafed through every single page of the instruction booklets?

I once had a set (don't remember which, think it was TECHNIC) where I found the sticker sheet tucked away right in the middle of the second book. I was not paying that much attention to the build and had not realized at all that there were any stickers for the set. So that was a bit of an "oops" moment...

Basically, if the sticker sheet is not loose in the box it could be jammed tightly between any two pages of the instructions.
xwingyoda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thornback wrote:
does 7676 come in numbered parts bags like the older sets? because i bought an old set and certain bags had been taken out which contained the minifigs.

Nope it does not Wink

I too got an extra clonie accessories polybag with the RGS (and double Asajj hilts, normal judging they are in different polybags and the polybags they are in are in double Wink ).

But on my AT-TE I didn't have an extra clonie accessories polybag like certain people did Mad

Yoda

My BS Folder & Flickr
Cradok

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I not only got the extra hilts and clone pieces with my LAAT/i, but I also got two extra long black axles. And of course the extra front, insignia and control panel stickers on the sheet. I'm going to have to buy two extra panels so I can decide between the two customisations.

Nothing extra with my AT-TE, though.
CaptMaarek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not missing pieces actually extra's.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Inzane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a list of FIVE recent sets I'd opened that are missing pieces.

The most significant was the Sailbarge. I'm actually missing one of the two giant sails if you can believe it.

It's still on my TO-DO list to call in to get replacements.
BrickMonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al wrote:
Has anyone ever had Customer service replace a whole sticker sheet?

Yes.
ShortRound

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only ever had 2 sets that I can recall missing pieces.

The first was the Imperial Landing Craft. It was one of the 1/4 round bricks that were used in the engine.

The second was a 1x2 plate from one of the new Y-wings, I think.
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of my 300+ sets, I think only one has had a missing piece - my UCS Yoda was missing one of the sand green 2x2 L-shaped "corner" plates.

I recently sent for replacements for two other parts, however, both from Indy sets; one was a minifig hip / legs assembly in which the tiny bump on one of the pins in the hips (that keeps the leg from sliding off the pin on the hips) had broken off, so that the leg came off pretty freely (and which didn't really impact the usability much, if at all, but I admit I wanted a more "perfect" unit), and the other was an ordinary 2x4 plate, in which one of the "tube" rings in the bottom was slightly "longer" than it should be, so that it actually extended a tiny fraction below the bottom of the plate, making it impossible to push the plate all the way down onto other bricks (!). It seems like a strange thing to have happen, considering the way elements are molded, but there you go... Shocked

Aside from these, I also once sent for a replacement decal sheet for a set, since the included decals had gotten bent between the parts bags in the box in such a way that decals had started to peel off, and I've also sent for the service packs for one or two sets that had their designs / instructions tweaked a little after release, like Jango Fett's Slave I.
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time I've ever had a set with missing parts was in 1999- my Jedi Duel was missing one of those long attenaes that went with the moisterizer.
Al

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gingerbeard Man wrote:
Al wrote:
The stickers are definitely MIA.

Have you leafed through every single page of the instruction booklets?

I once had a set (don't remember which, think it was TECHNIC) where I found the sticker sheet tucked away right in the middle of the second book. I was not paying that much attention to the build and had not realized at all that there were any stickers for the set. So that was a bit of an "oops" moment...

Basically, if the sticker sheet is not loose in the box it could be jammed tightly between any two pages of the instructions.

That was the last thing I did before I called it quits. I turned every page individually looking for that sheet to pop out, but it never did. Or maybe I missed a page. That is the only possible explanation.
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only missing piece I've had for the past 15 years was an elephant leg piece from the Adventurers Scorpion Palace.
Al

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I look at other people's RAGs fresh-out-of-the-box, I am beginning to worry that the sticker sheet is not the only thing I am missing.

Can fellow RAG owners tell me whether or not there were any "loose" elements in the box when they opened it (i.e. not in a sealed bag)? My gunship merely contained a bunch of bagged parts and the two instruction manuals.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: