FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voting on 2009 ToysRUs Set
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

10th Anniversary Fans' Choice Set
The Arrest of Palpatine
29%
 29%  [ 49 ]
Slave I and Cloud City Landing Platform
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Mon Calamari Cruiser Set
52%
 52%  [ 89 ]
None of these
13%
 13%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 168

Captain Ausome

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepatient wrote:
Mofo Jones wrote:
Arrest of Palpatine would be five figures and a chair.

He had a nice desk too.

To be serious for a second here:
Would people still want an Ackbar fig if his head was of the squishy persuasion, instead of the harder ABS? We’ve been waiting along time for this character. Would it matter?

No.
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they would have shown us some prototypes. I notice that people, myself included, take their favorite set in the best way possible and compare it to the worst possible version of the other sets.

endcreepyminifigfaces.blogspot.com
jkanownik

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for none of the above.

This list is a HUGE disappointment. If I had to pick one it would be the Slave I because nobody would buy it and Lego would get what they deserve for coming up with this crappy list.
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Typo wrote:
I voted for choice # 1. I was going to vote for the Ackbar set, but then I saw that it wasn't the entire ship. I would've voted for it if were the entire ship --

Indeed. An entire ship would rock, but just a couple of parts of it.. Would there even be any way to make it look good? Palpatine's office, on the other hand, would be easy to make pretty good-looking even with relatively small amount of bricks (for I seriously doubt these will be sets of 150 dollars).

In addition, the arresting scene just is (in my opinion, at least) the most memorable and significant one of the options. New alien mold (at least one) and a minifig of (chancellor) Palpatine would also be great.

On the other hand, what do I care? There isn't really that many TRUs near me, so the chances of me getting the set are rather minimal. Razz
dWhisper
99% Evil ® [MOD]

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're all awesome, though clearly #2 is the weakest of the bunch. #1 is just so tantalizing for the different Jedi and a legit Palpy fig.
ZombieWaldo
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno- #1 and #3 have the potential for cool new figs, but I missed out on the latest Slave I version, and with the way they keep improving them, version 4 might REALLY rock Laughing
Dark Lord of the Brick

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also a little disappointed that they did not give us a Death Star Playset choice. Maybe that is a good sign one is all ready in development Smile

#2 option baffles me. Was this scene really one of the best three they could come with? A simple hoth set with Han, Luke and Tauntaun would be cooler than this.

I chose option 3, even though a Saesee Tiin fig would be cool, the #1 set does seem like it would just be five figs and a desk and chair (whoo-hoo!) as someone else all ready eluded to. Having some Akbar figs will be cool and if they go all out like they did with the SD play set, it could have some fun playability as well... I wonder if we would get pre Death Star attack or during. Pre Death Star could net a MonMothma fig Smile
Clone Assassin

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Home One easy, I mean with a new mold for Admiral Ackbar and a few of his officers, ohh I would be so happy! Smile

Anyways they should make Home One kinda of like The Imperial Star Destroyer Playset but way bigger, I mean look at this thing!
The ship should have 5 rebel troopers, two deck officers, Ackbar and another Mon Calamarian. (sp)
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Home One set sounds like the original B-Wing but with an A-Wing substituted. I think it would likely be a room and part of a hangar, with A-wing, pilot and technician, Ackbar and maybe a Mon Cal officer.

The second choice sounds like just the Slave 1 with the platform from the Cloud City set... not exactly exciting, especially if that's all you get.

Palpatine's office sounds pretty good, I'd be happy if that won also.

Last edited by ZombieGIR on Sun May 11, 2008 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clone Assassin wrote:
I voted Home One easy, I mean with a new mold for Admiral Ackbar and a few of his officers, ohh I would be so happy! Smile

Anyways they should make Home One kinda of like The Imperial Star Destroyer Playset but way bigger, I mean look at this thing!
The ship should have 5 rebel troopers, two deck officers, Ackbar and another Mon Calamarian. (sp)

Wow I never knew it was that big...that's crazy.
CloneZomberor
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home One hands down. I have wanted an Ackbar fig for years.

(ΞΞΞΞΞ)><@><||(=======================================
xwingyoda

Location: An X-Wing crashed in the Eiffel Tower - not the Vegas one !!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 thoughts on Home One.

What assurance its not going to be a scaled down whole ship like TLG did with the ISD and RC ? I mean Home One is 1.200 meters long whereas the ISD is 1.600 meters long so in terms of models its pretty close.

Also IF that set was to be released I'm sure Ackbar's head will be made of hard plastic like the upcomming Ploo Koon.

Yoda

My BS Folder & Flickr
Faulconbridge

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of them really get my engine revving, but of the three, I went for number one. I have Slave I and Cloud City, so I don't need them again. And while Ackbar would be nice, I already have an A-wing as well. That leaves choice number one, which should have some great mini-figs. I don't have Mace or Kit Fisto and a Palpatine figure would rock. Still, I'd have to see the actually set and the price point before making a final decision.

I am holding out hope that the poll doesn't have the best suggestions because those are already in the pipeline for production.
Rook
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be nice or them to have one "fans choice" every year.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely for Home One. An ackbar figure would be extremely cool, as well as all the other features it could have (I'm hoping for something a lot like the ISD). My second choice would be Slave I with the Cloud City landing pad. I did manage to get the last incarnation of the ship, but I'm willing to snag another. This could also bring the possibility of new figures (Ugnauhts, anyone?) as well as ones I missed out on, such as Leia and Lando. The Palpy arrest just doesn't interest me. Kit and Mace would be nice to get, but the rest of the set I'm having a hard time imagining. Palpatine will probably just be the Emperor figure with grey hair, and what all are you going to do with this scene? I mean, this shouldn't be over ten dollars, but it's likely the TRU exclusive set won't be that small. The only way they could pull it off is if they made it a playset akin to Ultimate Lightsaber Duel, with Break-away glass and a Mace and Palpy on the Hockey platforms (Maybe they could throw in an Anakin as well).

Last edited by ZombieFlynn on Mon May 12, 2008 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
theZombieAbides
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my thoughts (some of which have been said already):

#1 - In terms of minifigs, this one looks like it would be the strongest with Palpatine and several previously un-released Jedi. However, I have to question what else there would be to this "set." Is it just a room? That seems pretty boring to me. Although I do hate to discourage LEGO from making minifig-centered sets, this one just doesn't do it for me. Now if this had been a "Jedi Council" set, that would be an entirely different story.

#2 - I really have to ask: What's new here? We just got an excellent version of the Slave I in 2006 with Boba and several other bounty hunters. Now it says that its a "Cloud City playset," but what does that mean? Just another excuse to give me more Hans, Leias, and Lukes? Perhaps if there was some promise of Lobot, but even then I'd still have a tough time voting for this set based on 1 cool minifig. Now if this had been a "UCS Slave I," I would be a lot more excited about this.

#3 - To me, this set seems to have the most promise. First of all, we have yet to see a rebel capital ship, and my ISDs have been begging for somebody to fight. I'm very excited to see that Home One is finally getting its due. I'd expect this to be around the scale of the playset ISD, and that's just fine. Plus, we're getting Ackbar and possibly a few more Mon Calimari figs, which excites me greatly. I'm having a difficult time seeing what could go wrong with this set. I mean, it has the most new ideas, and there's a lot to love. For me, it was the obvious choice once I thought about it.
davee123

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onions wrote:
DestructiveDelirium wrote:
you can vote for the set you want multiple times Confused

i noticed this too. not very smart of them.

i'm not saying my home-grown polling software is perfect either, but you'd expect a little more security against seeding from such a big name company.

I actually wonder whether they might be preventing extra votes-- just silently. IE, if your cookie and/or IP already voted, it doesn't adjust the tally, it just lets you think you voted again. It might encourage extra site visits from kids who want to repeatedly vote, which TRU may want in order to get stats saying how awesome they are.

On the flipside, if they ARE allowing repeat voting, it could effectively be their way of demonstrating their popularity by saying they got more votes. So they can come back to Lego and say "we got 390,000 votes!" rather than "we only got 11,000 votes".

Anyway, would be great to see the progress of the voting to tell what's currently winning, and by how much...

As for the choices, I had to go with Admiral Ackbar, of course. Palpatine's arrest is a distant second, and I'm not even sure another rehash of the Slave I was even on my radar. I would've been less surprised to see options like "UCS R2-D2" or "Life-Size Lightsaber Hilt". I guess things like that aren't ruled out, though... They're probably just shooting for that 7-12 age range, almost none of whom were playing with Lego (let alone Star Wars) back when Lego released the line 10 years ago...

DaveE
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this even the same thing that LEGO asked us for ideas about? These all seem to be sets around $60, not $100-150.

endcreepyminifigfaces.blogspot.com
ZombieAthos
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sure are we that this is the 10th anniversary set? SirNelson from classic-castle who, I think, is an ambassador, and therefore may or may not have better info, is questioning this assumption.

Steve
xwingyoda

Location: An X-Wing crashed in the Eiffel Tower - not the Vegas one !!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athos wrote:
How sure are we that this is the 10th anniversary set?

It can't be ZE anniversary set since its a TRU exclusive set Wink Its just an anniversary hehe

And what anniversary are we talking about since there are 2
* 10 years of TPM
* 10 years of Lego SW
Add both and you can have a lethal combination of anniversary sets IMO

Yoda

My BS Folder & Flickr
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athos wrote:
How sure are we that this is the 10th anniversary set? SirNelson from classic-castle who, I think, is an ambassador, and therefore may or may not have better info, is questioning this assumption.

Steve

I have to agree with you there.

I'm not sure how many of us said 'The 10th Anniversery set should be the arrest of palps!' or 'It should be a twice made set on a landing platform!'

However I know alot of us did say that Home One would be a good set; but I think TLC might have mis-interpereted that. None of us said it should be a Control Room and Hangar.

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Big Cam

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted palpatine's arrest, all those jedi would be sweet.

I hope no one really wants the slave 1, AGAIN, how many rebuilds do you need of one ship?
LEGO Community Relations Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athos wrote:

Steve

These polls were developed independantly of one another.

Steve

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=airspreaded
http://www.flickr.com/photos/speaknspell/
theZombieAbides
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athos wrote:

I, myself, in conjunction with me, do, quite forthrightly, and with much due concern, question your complicated, esoteric, and wholly ridiculous use of commas, such as they are, with all due respect and gratitude, indubitably. Very Happy
zombie REX
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys Very Happy vote arrest of palpy. We get 3 new minifigs (saesse tinn,agen kolar and palpy! Smile (id rather have those than an ackbar minifig wouldnt you?
p.s i voted arrest of palpy 6 times Twisted Evil

" Let me show you how it works clanker!"

Captain REX of the 501st
Zombie Typo
Undead!

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captain REX wrote:

Oh, so if Palpatine's Arrest does win the vote, then we can be sure that it was because of all of the good, brave, and just voters who were honest enough to vote once and keep it fair. Rolling Eyes

Proud member of the AFEC
zombie REX
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Typo wrote:
captain REX wrote:

Oh, so if Palpatine's Arrest does win the vote, then we can be sure that it was because of all of the good, brave, and just voters who were honest enough to vote once and keep it fair. Rolling Eyes

For pete's sake captain typo what do you have against me? Confused ever since i came on these forums youve been telling me to correct my grammar and punctuation. Hello we're not writing a book here! I mean you cant talk with a name like TYPOSo what ever you hold against me could you please just stop! Smile

" Let me show you how it works clanker!"

Captain REX of the 501st
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errr...

Rex I think this might be a good time to make use of the PM feature.

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for the Mon Calamari Cruiser Set. That is if these are the only sets lego will be utilizing. However, I still like some of the sets we came up with in earlier threads.
HothTrooper

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification Steve. I'm a lot less disappointed now that I know this poll is not the Anniversary poll. These set choices seem much more interesting in the context of a regular TRU exclusive rather than the context of a $150 anniversary set.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: