FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grab Bag

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
norman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Grab Bag Reply with quote

I was at my local LEGO store, to get my free stamp from the latest BrickMaster mailing, and I happened to look at the grab bags by the register. I found two with train parts and dark green. So, I picked them up and endedup with an almost complete BNSF locomotive. I'll likely end up getting the set later, but one can always use more dark green! That made me happy, even though I went there to just get a stamp and ended up spending $32...
Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's more than lucky!
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Grab Bag Reply with quote

norman wrote:
I was at my local LEGO store, to get my free stamp from the latest BrickMaster mailing, and I happened to look at the grab bags by the register. I found two with train parts and dark green. So, I picked them up and endedup with an almost complete BNSF locomotive. I'll likely end up getting the set later, but one can always use more dark green! That made me happy, even though I went there to just get a stamp and ended up spending $32...

I don't even have a local LEGO store. Crying or Very sad
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norman, how much did those gb's go for? I've seen a couple at my local LEGO store but never really paid them much attention.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Poohbear
Silly Old Bear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan19 wrote:
Norman, how much did those gb's go for? I've seen a couple at my local LEGO store but never really paid them much attention.

m19

It depends on the grab bag since they vary in contents. Usually they don't go past $20.00 but it depends on the contents. I remember scoring some nice train parts in my last bag.
Pepa Quin
The Falconer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grab Bags at my local store (Local = 30 minutes away) are almost always $6.99.

Last edited by Pepa Quin on Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
norman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepa Quin wrote:
The Grab Bags at my local store (Local = 30 mintues away) are almost always $6.99.

And, indeed, mine were $6.99. I picked up three (two with the BNSF train) and one with a TON of blue technic pieces. I then added in some more straight track, as one is always short on straight track...
ZombieAthos
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky. I've never seen the grab bags at the Nor.Cal. Lego stores. Seems like a good way to get rid of the extra pieces and damaged sets.

Steve
norman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athos wrote:
Lucky. I've never seen the grab bags at the Nor.Cal. Lego stores. Seems like a good way to get rid of the extra pieces and damaged sets.

This was NorCal, the one in the Pleasanton mall (Stoneridge.) I did ask them where they come from, and the guy said either damaged merchandise or after they build something for display, and when they no longer need the display, the take it apart and sell it as grab bags.
Pepa Quin
The Falconer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norman wrote:
or after they build something for display, and when they no longer need the display, the take it apart and sell it as grab bags.

That's probably the more rare of the cases. I've talked with the people at my Chicago store, and they say that most of their displays are GLUED together.

For a time, they had Star Destroyer on display. When it was no longer there, I asked them where it had gone. Their answer (because the peices were glued together and kids had damaged it): The dumpster.

I cried all the way home.
norman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sets I saw in the bin (well, what I could infer) were some Duplo, some technic (which generally holds together very well without glue) and the train, which is pretty small. I think they'd be glued if they came from the factory as props or something. For the smaller ones, I'd bet it's just cheaper to pay the employees of the LEGO stores $7/hr (or whatever) to build them. But, I was under the impression that much of the display stuff was glued as well. I guess it depends.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: