FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Wars on TV

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starsmore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Star Wars on TV Reply with quote

No, not the new series.

Spike TV in the United States picked up the exclusive broadcast rights for all six movies.

For some reason they've decided to start with Episode III.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

I wish they'd release to BluRay already. Sad
Zombie Hawk
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw that. I find myself watching that channel a lot. (CSI!)
Starsmore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to bump my own thread, but Spike finally released their schedule for this.

The PT starts this Friday with The Phantom Menace, then Attack of the Clones on Saturday, and Revenge of the Sith on Sunday, as previously announced.

OT is next week. A New Hope on Friday, Empire Strikes Back on Saturday, and Return of the Jedi on Sunday.

And I found out that if you get SpikeHD, it'll be in HD.

...but DISHNetwork doesn't have SpikeHD. Sad
theZombieAbides
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the first time I saw the Star Wars movies (the OT) was back in the early 90s. Either TNT or TBS (I pretty sure it started with T) was having a marathon on the Thanksgiving weekend (this was actually something they did every year for several years). Having it be on TV is a great way to get new viewers who are flipping through all of the crap, stumble upon the greatness known as Star Wars, become addicted to these awesome movies, start buying copious amounts of SW LEGO, and come here to discuss them. Very Happy
Tyrant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJudeAbides wrote:
I remember the first time I saw the Star Wars movies (the OT) was back in the early 90s. Either TNT or TBS (I pretty sure it started with T) was having a marathon on the Thanksgiving weekend (this was actually something they did every year for several years). Having it be on TV is a great way to get new viewers who are flipping through all of the crap, stumble upon the greatness known as Star Wars, become addicted to these awesome movies, start buying copious amounts of SW LEGO, and come here to discuss them. Very Happy

I think USA used to do show them a lot. If I remember right, on one occasion they rounded up a family that had never seen any of the movies and got their reactions after commercials but before the movie restarted. That was back when USA had Up All Night and TNT had Joe Bob (after he left The Movie Channel) because the stations apparently thought we wanted running commentary. Though Joe Bob was interesting at times. I almost wish they would bring him and his late night movies back.
Starsmore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrant wrote:
theJudeAbides wrote:

I think USA used to do show them a lot. If I remember right, on one occasion they rounded up a family that had never seen any of the movies and got their reactions after commercials but before the movie restarted. That was back when USA had Up All Night and TNT had Joe Bob (after he left The Movie Channel) because the stations apparently thought we wanted running commentary. Though Joe Bob was interesting at times. I almost wish they would bring him and his late night movies back.

Joe Bob was a hoot. I loved when they did monster movies in the Summer. First time I saw the "Return of the Living Dead" movies... all three of them.
Rook
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so lame I'm going to watch them all on broad cast with commercials.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: