FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Legacy of the Force (Sans Spoilers, please)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anakin Solo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Legacy of the Force (Sans Spoilers, please) Reply with quote

I would just like to ask you what you think about the L.O.T.F series as I am considering buying them as I like Anakin, Jaina & Jacen (Caedus). I like the look Revelation & Invincible (but they're not released yet) but I don't know about the rest of the series.

Thanks.
Thadiator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself like the series. My favorite would have to be Bloodlines. Boba Fett was so cool in that one.
JPCJedi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read them, so I'll just repeat my done-to-death opinion on Legacy. Why do the publishers have to continually trash the galaxy every ten chronological years? It makes the movies futile.

Not that I expect anybody to agree with me. Tenel Ka has a daughter--cool. Cool
Reaper

Location: Dwelling in the darkness making goofy faces at everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't care for the series. Taking into account I only have Bloodlines, Boba is just so awesome in that book. I just couldn't get into the whole story. By the end I just skipped every section not dealing with Boba. It's like Jacen is the new Anakin. I won't say much but that boys so delusional it's not even funny (to me anyways).

"You are fortunate, my enemy. You have paid the price but once. I never stop paying."-Cursed Ronin. MTG
MingoDave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the characterization, especially around Jacen, is somewhat more believable than we've seen in the SW universe for a while....
Rasmukel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, is this a spoiler-free thread? Maybe we should prelude all spoilers with a disclaimer, just in case people haven't read that far yet...

...I personally haven't, but I read up on most of the series on Wookiepedia. I'd like to read them if I ever get around to it, but it really isn't a big deal to me anymore. The movie trilogies are what's sufficient for me. Smile
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just read Bloodlines a while back.

Perhaps its because I came back from reading "The Young Boba Fett Series", but at least Karen Traviss was able to portray Boba Fett better than a few other authors. He's somewhat cool, but I think Traviss is creating her own version of a Mandalorian, highly paid mercs have become some culture-language-abiding morons. It's not that bad, I liked the Mandos in Open Seasons ton more than some idiots speaking a language.

I think I'll read Sacrifice and Revelation next.

The greatest Boba Fett story of all time remains "No Disintegrations, Please".
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(replying to the trivia thread)
astoriabluelegos wrote:
Wookiepedia can be inaccurate on some things occasionally. Which is suprising with all the nerds like me who keep it updated (I don't ACTUALLY do that but I'm STILL a Star Wars nerd! Wink )
Any way, I can't find Revelation ANYWHER, and It's suposed to have a lot of BOBA! I like Karen a little better than Timothy Zahn, because she did the Commando Books, and rally delves into he nitty-gritty of being mandalorien, not to mention I love the quots at the begining of each chapter. Very Happy

Yeah, Karen is interesting. She personifies Mandos as less badass as I'd like, she makes them soft with all the culture. She still has decent books, it probably has something to do with her writing about Boba. Which is the olny reason any sane individual would read the Legacy of the Force series.

Better than Timothy Zahn? Have you read the Thrawn Trilogy? It carried through, even without Boba. That's what Lego should release a line about, Thrawn. In my dreams.

Location: Dwelling in the darkness making goofy faces at everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I actually like Traviss's work, she does make the Mandos a little softer then I'd expected or hoped. Her works delve more into the family relations of Mando society. That's not a bad thing, but her work with Legacy definitely has softened Mando's a bit (she does rebound a little in Revelations).

Junsier wrote:

She still has decent books, it probably has something to do with her writing about Boba. Which is the olny reason any sane individual would read the Legacy of the Force series.

QFT
Seriously, Boba is the only reason I even actually bothered to look at this series. It'll be interesting to see how Troy Denning finishes everything up.

"You are fortunate, my enemy. You have paid the price but once. I never stop paying."-Cursed Ronin. MTG
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: