FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The StarCraft Project! -=iFIN!=-

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Z

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: The StarCraft Project! -=iFIN!=- Reply with quote

Hello! I don't know how many people here at FBTB are StarCraft fans but I think this will be a great project. If there are any (which im guessing there is) they should be very exited about the upcoming StarCraft II. (If you don't know look here http://www.starcraft2.com/ ). With the updating of all the new units and all that jazz, I thought it would be great to have a project to see who could build the best Building, Ground Unit (minifig), and Mechanical Unit (air or ground).

For example:
COMMAND CENTERS and NEXUS'S are Buildings
MARINES and ZEALOTS are Ground Units
BATTLE CRUISERS and CARRIERS and GOLIATHS and DRAGOONS are Mechanical Units

ENTRIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE EXAMPLES ABOVE! They can be any unit/ building from any of the games.

Zerg units are excepted if you feel the urge to take them on.

The three different units (Buildings, Ground, and Mechanical) are three different categories and one may enter all with as many entries as you want. There is no limit to how many groups you enter. there is no use of modded bricks, or minifig parts (you know what i mean). When entering your entry, give your moc pic AND a reference pic. Please post in small pics with deep links or links to the flickr page or brickshelf page. All entries must be minifig or mini scale.

There will be 5 judges (who will remain anonymous). The judges may enter but may not vote for themselves (obviously). all judges will vote via pm to me. I am sorry to say there will be no prizes (unless someone wants to take over the prize part). mocs can be from any version of the game (original SC, BroodWar, Ghost, or SC II).

DUE DATE: you may enter your creations as soon as you like, but no later than December 5. judging will take place on the entries on the 6th or 7th (Depending on how long it takes the judges Wink )

Tips:
Try to work accurate and detailed, not just by what you want it to look like. Judging will be based on the accuracy to the reference picture you must give with your entry.
Use posterboard or paper or a paining canvas to put behind your minifigs and mechanical units to have an easier look at them. plus it adds to the coolness effect Cool

REFERENCES:
(the site above) http://www.starcraft2.com/
http://www.blizzard.com/starcraft/
http://www.blizzard.com/broodwar/

Wink

HOPE EVERYONE IS AS EXCITED AS I AM!

GEN.Z[/b]

Last edited by General Z on Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:31 pm; edited 10 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this contest been aproved by an administrator? Rolling Eyes

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, by me... but I'm just a lowly mod.
General Z

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clonecommando007 wrote:
Has this contest been aproved by an administrator? Rolling Eyes

why cant you trust anyone when it comes to that subject! Wink Wink

EDIT: DonSolo: mod, yes. Lowly? no! Wink

Last edited by General Z on Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to past history, that is going to be the first question since your contest didn't mention it. Don't sweat it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know. i was just giving him a hard time. he is always the first one to ask. ::D: thats why i put the Wink Wink . but i know where your comming from.
Inzane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very intriguing idea. I am very much a Starcraft fan.

I'm thinking the Exo-Force line could come in real handy for building Terran and Protoss units.

Zerg would be tough though. You'd probably have to rely heavily on Bionicle (shudder...).
General Z

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad you like the idea. i would have never thought of bionicle, but i have to update it. its minifig scale. ill do that now. btw if your on us east channel then if ya wana play im General_Z. Very Happy
Rook
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're ok "Clonecommando007". It wasn't included in the post and there are a few other contests going on. Good of you to ask.
General Z

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General Z wrote:
i know. i was just giving him a hard time. he is always the first one to ask. :Hey, guys, check it out! I typed ':D'! And on a forum! Anyway: thats why i put the Wink Wink . but i know where your comming from.

HELO!! CANT YOU READ Wink Wink Wink
Reaper

Location: Dwelling in the darkness making goofy faces at everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting very interesting. Now I've never played any starcraft really. The only game I was really interested in had been Ghost but we know what path that took. Sad

Still like the basis behind the games though. Anyways I'm thinking a few mods to one of my elementls would result in a good marine. I'll see if I have the time to throw something together.

"You are fortunate, my enemy. You have paid the price but once. I never stop paying."-Cursed Ronin. MTG
Rook
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes "General Z", I can read, in 3 languages thank you. I am simply pointing out that I would have asked the same questions that "Clonecommando007" did, if I was first to find your post. If we are going to post group builds or contests, is too much to ask that the person posting them, to stop and read through everything they just wrote and make sure it has the proper information! I believe that no contest and maybe group build should even be posted unless it contains the name of the person that authorized it. This might be, in some cases, the person posting it. This would reduce the number of conversations like this. Shocked

Now back to the point I'm not into Star Craft but looks like they have some pretty cool ships and would love to build something in this category. Very Happy

Now I hope I don't get my head bit off for this, but can your edit you post so we can know when you would like have the cut off date for entries since it appears to be a contest for honor and not prizes. Thank You Laughing
General Z

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and CC07 joke around. thx for the imput. i was going to edit it anyway before you even said to. i was just going to ask when the other people wanted it to end. i want it to be long enough for others to have the chance to find it and build something, but not too long in the way that they put it off untill never (like i did for the small attack droid contest Rolling Eyes ) so does anyone have a preference for when it will be over? i thought december but i wanted to run it by the audiance before hand. btw rook, thats amazing that you can speak 3 languages. i can barely speak 2. spanish is hard. i cant imagine remembering any of the other ones. but thats off topic. ill edit the original post. thx rook for trying to help but my posts were meant as a joke. srry for the confusion.

GNRLZ
Rook
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good "General Z". I would vote for the build ending around the end of November beginning of December, so those of us that are currectly building for the other 3 open contests have time to enter yours.
General Z

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad we can agree rook Cool Cool ill add that
General Z

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

updated rules a little. i decided you can have as many entries to each catagory as you want. plus it bumped it a lttle Wink
General Z

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man. i guess no one else is interested. its been 2 weeks since my last post and no one else has probably even read it since then! Crying or Very sad Laughing

-=GEN.Z=-
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, consider this a prime example of why we started limiting the contest/project ideas in here. Sorry it didn't' turn out like you'd hoped.
General Z

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought that there might be some people who might like it. more than 2 anyway. im goin to post mine as soon as i take the pics. maybe that will help. i hope. Sad Rolling Eyes
bedaho

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I do a mini entry. (for something like a carrier) Very Happy
General Z

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your willing, i will change it to mini. thats cool. i just want partisipation. ill edit that right now. THX FOR POSTING! Rolling Eyes Wink

EDIT: do you think i should push the date back? i think so but i wont without confirmation.
Olog
Ambassadargh!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z, I'd usually be more than happy to build something in the starcraft universe, but lately I've been really busy and rarely even post on fbtb or any other forums. I'll see if I can get something built until the fifth.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im actually debating with myself ( Wink Rolling Eyes ) wether or not to make a deadline. im wondering if it should just be one of those things that never ends, ya know? either that or extend the dead line untill after the holidays sice everyone, including me, is busy. any opinions on that?

-=GEN.Z=-
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be the big downer, Z, but contests/builds are running through the end of the month, given the new rules. Once they're in effect, this sort of contest/builds, being non SW, won't happen.

You'll need to run with what you have. There's just not that many SW/LEGO builders about.
General Z

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess your right. wtv. i was just wanting more people to explore new things, ya know? Rolling Eyes
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion would be to lead by example. We don't need a community build to start trying new things. Look at all of the steampunk and froggy stuff. No need for a project, someone just did it, and others picked it up.
General Z

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i meant by entering this, they could use their skills in a different area. im not trying to argue. i know where your coming from. i understand. thx for all your help dw. srry bout the bad build. Confused
General Z

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone made anything please post... thanks. this ends today and will (possibly) be judged.
General Z

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONE! FINISHED! THE WINNER IS... wait... no one entered... aw well... Sad Sad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: