FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4476 TIE Bomber Review

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star_wars_rules

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: 4476 TIE Bomber Review Reply with quote

After doing a search on here for a review on this set and finding nothing, I've decided to do one on the bomber.

Even though the set is hard to get, I think it still deserves a review.

Likeness to film 10/10 right down to the targeting box that sits on the underside of the bomber.

Price per parts. Well I did get from ebay but it was worth every cent. I think I spent $60 AU on it.

Swooshability 10/10 even though it is bulky in design it is very easy to fly around the room.

Features 10/10 It has a firing missle in the missile bay and it also comes with a great hidden bomb bay that actually slides back to drop bombs.

It should also be noted it is roughly the same size as vader's TIE. Even has the same segregated wings.

Closing commments. A must for any avid collector as this rounds out the set of TIEs. A collection just wouldn't be the same without one or two.

The force is strong with this one......

Last edited by Star_wars_rules on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Pete

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: set 4476 TIE bomber review Reply with quote

Star_wars_rules wrote:
right down to the targeting box that sits on the underside of the bomber.

I always wondered what that bit was for ... thanks Cool
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The set looks good with some lights as well.

FlickrBrickshelf
Star_wars_rules

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: set 4476 TIE bomber review Reply with quote

Big Pete wrote:
Star_wars_rules wrote:

It was a targeting computer for the bombs. It allowed for speed, trajectory etc. So all the pilot had to do was push the trigger. Funny how we have that in the current fighters of the world.

dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the TIEs, this one was always my favorite. I like the model well enough, but always found it a touch too flimsy for my taste. But it did capture the slow, lumber essence of the ship.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, when I had mine I rebuilt the center so it was a solid connection and not held by Tehnic pins. Andi - nice work with the lights!
Zomkeeken
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TIE bomber set is awesome! It is was of my personal favorites. Also is there a reason, why you didn't give it an over all rating?

Let's Go Ducks!
Star_wars_rules

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't give overall ratings simply because what I might like in a set someone else may not. Also there are some parts on a set that may have been an afterthought or not thought thoroughly through by lego. Case in point is the new y-wing, check the reviews on that to see what I mean.

Also due to me giving 10's for each point I think it would over redundent if I did an overall score anyway.

Darth Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: set 4476 TIE bomber review Reply with quote

Star_wars_rules wrote:
Big Pete wrote:
Star_wars_rules wrote:

It was a targeting computer for the bombs. It allowed for speed, trajectory etc. So all the pilot had to do was push the trigger. Funny how we have that in the current fighters of the world.

I always thought it was the actual bomb chute, but that it couldn't be done too well in LEGO. Confused
Star_wars_rules

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did read it somewhere. I think in my star wars fact files it mentions something about it. But I do know is that it's the targeting computer for more accurate attacks for bombing runs. Missles and torpedoes are linked up to the target acquisition system on board the fighter so making strikes on large targets is easy. But to take out commercial buildings in a residential area the bombing computer is used. I think the idea came from ww2 bombardiers who used a "line of sight" bomb rectical. This one is in the same vein as the laser guided ones that current fighter jets use today.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: