FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7660 Naboo N-1 Starfighter and Vulture Droid Review
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ari_Spring

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really liking the new design of the Naboo Fighter. I had the original and it too flat for my liking and the size was a lot smaller from what I can see in the pictures. Star Wars sets are looking great so far this year Smile
Commando_Scorch

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dislike what LEGO did with the section behind the cockpit. In my opinion it looks horrible and detracts from the sleekness of the ship. They should have just gone with an R2 head in the fighter, but included the body in the set.

><>
Scitvs
Praetor Nerdivs

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commando_Scorch wrote:
I really dislike what LEGO did with the section behind the cockpit. In my opinion it looks horrible and detracts from the sleekness of the ship. They should have just gone with an R2 head in the fighter, but included the body in the set.

My thoughts exactly.

><>
Durge

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though it's nice, I probably won't be purchasing this one. I'd rather save my money for the MTT and TIE Crawler.

Administrator of DLF Forums
Zombie Jones
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scitvs wrote:
Commando_Scorch wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

I concur. I think that a big hole in the ship just looks bad. I've never been crazy about the open sides around R2 on the original Naboo fighter, but that's better than a huge cavity that is basically an excuse to have an "escape hole" action feature included. Plus, there isn't a way to secure R2 into the fighter - the swooshability factor takes a nosedive.

I hope somebody figures out a good MOC fix for this one.
Sandtrooper Platoon

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mofo Jones wrote:
Scitvs wrote:
Commando_Scorch wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

I concur. I think that a big hole in the ship just looks bad. I've never been crazy about the open sides around R2 on the original Naboo fighter, but that's better than a huge cavity that is basically an excuse to have an "escape hole" action feature included. Plus, there isn't a way to secure R2 into the fighter - the swooshability factor takes a nosedive.

I hope somebody figures out a good MOC fix for this one.

I haven't got the set yet, but from what I can tell from the pics, they have smooth tiles inside the big gaping hole.

Perhaps you could change those peices and have two tiles like those that you find in the the ARC-170, UCS Y-wing, Latest Y-wing and the X-wing that you can place your Astromech droids on.

The peice is like a smooth tile but looks like this [o]. It has a o protruding so that you can stick down Astromech droid feet.

I agree with Mofo's theory about Lego's logic. They probably had smooth tiles so that you can pull R2 out of his "hole" easily.

While investigating which sets had tiles that held Astromechs in place, I noticed they can be difficult to pull them out. It is a small price to pay.

I like having my droids stuck in place, and pilots for that matter.

I'm sure nobody wants R2D2 or an R2 unit to fall into space, everytime Anakin or a NF pilot wants to perform a barrel roll or fly inverted!

It's annoying enough having my Y-wing pilots smacking into the canopy of their cockpit during manouvres of a high swooshablility nature.
xwingyoda

Location: An X-Wing crashed in the Eiffel Tower - not the Vegas one !!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commando_Scorch wrote:

I disagree with you here: this is a MF set and not a UCS, therefore we do need that R2 in full here. Playability is as important as design for kids.
I do agree with you on a smaller set like ROTS JSF where putting the whole body would have really damaged the design, but here, there is all the space needed to please AFOLs as well as kids Wink

Yoda

My BS Folder & Flickr
Jargon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandtrooper Platoon wrote:
I'm sure nobody wants R2D2 or an R2 unit to fall into space, everytime Anakin or a NF pilot wants to perform a barrel roll or fly inverted!

I'll try spinning, that's a good trick.
    - Aaron

Andrew wrote:
You're the dead cat of love
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: