FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New SW sets already on clearance isle at my Wal*Mart

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatespadawan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: New SW sets already on clearance isle at my Wal*Mart Reply with quote

One of my local Wal*Mart stores had the two new Lego sets, EP III Starfighter and the new Tie Fighter over on the clearance isle already for $10 each. I got all they had. The other two Wal*Marts in my area had them regular priced ($14.88 and $19.88 ) with the rest of the Legos. Has anyone else seen this?

Industrial Light & Magic
bluemoose
Scientist at Play [VET]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is cheap; isn't the EP3 JSF supposed to be $20 ? (it is on US S@H anyway). It's on clearance in the US & I don't think they've shipped in the UK yet (@15 inc tax). Ho hum ...

Ian.
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, that's it. I'm going to Wal-Mart tomorrow and making sure they haven't tried to rip me off. If it is $15, I'm going to get my $5 back and buy another JSF... or not. Ooh, urge to buy yellow rising... rising...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fatespadawan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the Wal*Mart website. It's $14.99 there.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3555176

I've found different prices on things at two different stores within 30 miles of each other. They need to be more consistant

Industrial Light & Magic
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that. My WalMart prefers to be stupid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
swlegonut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into a Lego rep at a Walmart in Houston. She told me that there was a mistake in the Walmart inventory and the set was deleted from the database. Therefore, all the new sets went into the clearance aisle. They were trying to get it fixed; however, it was causing major problems. Congrats on your find. I think that it may have been just here in Texas so most of ya'll (Texas speak) will just have to wait until next year for that clearance price. So do I. Sad
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[napoleon dynamite] *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* [/napoleon dynamite]
fatespadawan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened with the second Falcon in my area. They were marked $99.99 but were ringing up at $39.99. I bought two an left two. I got to thinking about it and decided to go back a few days later and the error had been fixed.

Sometimes we get lucky with Wally World but most times, we get the shaft.

Industrial Light & Magic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: