FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So how do you enter a COTW contest?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brickmodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: So how do you enter a COTW contest? Reply with quote

Seems this weeks contest on droids is right down my alley. I would have hoped that my latest little R2 unit would have made it into the mix. So that leads me to my topic question. How do I enter said contests or are they decided by higher powers?

ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: So how do you enter a COTW contest? Reply with quote

Brickmodder wrote:
Seems this weeks contest on droids is right down my alley. I would have hoped that my latest little R2 unit would have made it into the mix. So that leads me to my topic question. How do I enter said contests or are they decided by higher powers?

As far as I know, you have to e-mail Ryan (lights) and have him set up a gallery on the main page, and then the COTWs are picked at random, and then people vote. So, if by some chance your MOC is picked at random, you'd then be entered into the contest.
Hope this helps! Smile
bruce n h

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

As Andrew said, these are all drawn from the FBTB custom (i.e. MOC) galleries. At one point these were automatically picked at random. Recently Ryan has been manually picking out related MOCs. Wow, the bunker from my 1592 Endor is in the current poll. Cool.
BTW, your modded R2D2 is uber-cool.

Bruce
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've answered this question before, but even more clarification may be necessary. Razz

The four contestants you see in a Custom of the Week lineup are the result of a little process that begins with a little page Ace has set up that will pick 4 images at random from anywhere in our gallery archives. Sometimes they are thumbnails, sometimes they are blurry old photos from 1999, sometimes it's a moc I uploaded last week. Usually, these photos don't make for a very fair (or interesting) competition, so I preselect a theme for the week's contest (for example this week I decided to do Endor.) Every time an Endor-related moc image comes up in the randomizer, I lock that photo in for use in the contest. I run the randomizer again and again and again until I have 4 moc photos that fit the theme I've chosen. Then you guys get to vote!

As it says in our Customs FAQ section, the best way to get your mocs into the weekly competition is to send us your mocs for submission into your gallery, where there's a good chance "Ye Olde Randomizer" will pop your pic on my screen. Of course, there's still a backlog of gallery submissions that haven't been completed (my fault!) so if you submit today your gallery won't be updated for at least a couple months. One of the problems of being such a big and popular site being run by people with tons of Real Life stuff to take care of. Confused
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
Sgt.Pepper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one awesome R2-D2, man. It'll win something.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: