FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ended: Contest #5: 6208 B-wing Fighter Alternate Model
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Finalists for 6208 B-wing Fighter Alternate Model
Darkkazmo
14%
 14%  [ 18 ]
DonSolo
29%
 29%  [ 36 ]
morgan19
31%
 31%  [ 39 ]
Saber-Scorpion
23%
 23%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 122

ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree... no one has accused anyone of fraud just as no one has accused anyone of blatant elitism. It's all just a misunderstanding.

However, something I deleted but will ask now is when has a similar voting system come up before? Was it ever suggested in older contests where the entries only came from a few well known builders? Was it asked in the last contest where a lot of people came out of the shadows to post MOC? I just want to know, for reference, before I make any conclusions about it.

I am however slightly offended by comments such as:
    "not many of the voters like my entry! A sad day for creativity indeed"
    "I have suspicions because Don and Morgan's votes are constantly only one vote apart"
    "Too bad Darkkazmo doesn't have much a chance now though. / Yeah, I voted for Darkkazmo's too. Poor Joseph, never wins anything"
    "Hmmm, interesting and funny results! Next time for future contests, I'd prefer seeing each voter claiming his or her vote..."
    "when deserving MOCs run low on votes and when certain timely voting patterns occur (PM me for specifics), it is natural to question the nature of the voters"
    "winning isn't much of a concern here, not around here anyways"

It just seems very disrespectful to all of the builders, and to the FBTB community to say such things.
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause, just go ahead and make a big deal out of it, it's like gonna make a big difference.
If you are offended buy all those unrelated comments, I'm just offended by your very mature actions!
Why people are just so edgy, it's like somebody is trying to hide something.

I was the first person to congratulate Morgan and yet I'm treated like I'm the one who's sucking the fun out of it.

Somebody lock this thread please before I go really mad.

My Brickshelf Gallery
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah woah woah, everybody, calm down. I'm putting a fire-proof blanket over this for the time being.
onions
The Mac Daddy [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me another moment to address the alternative voting style that was proposed earlier.

I honestly don't want to change the way that votes are tabulated. As imperfect as the phpbb polling system is, it's the best way. These building contests are for the community, and the community should decide who has the better model. And as such, the community should be able to see the results at any given time.

Plus, any other way would just mean more work for me. Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15
Jump to: