FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ROTS Soundtrack Listing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: ROTS Soundtrack Listing Reply with quote

This page has the soundtrack listing, AND info on the music videos contained in the bonus DVD.

http://www.jwfan.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=97

Wow. Too friggin' sweet. Smile

Flickr <•> Big C's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked now i gotta get me that CD!!! Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can hear part of "Battle Of The Heroes " here, just scroll down to the music tones. It won't load for me though. Mad

ttbk
Obi-wan Jimboski

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: ROTS Soundtrack Listing Reply with quote

Cello Collin wrote:
This page has the soundtrack listing, AND info on the music videos contained in the bonus DVD.

http://www.jwfan.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=97

Wow. Too friggin' sweet. Smile

Taking a look at the titles of the tracks... this one gets me:
The Immolation scene

No knowing what Immolation meant, I took a trip to Dictionary.com...

immolation

n : killing or offering as a sacrifice

im·mo·late tr.v. im·mo·lat·ed, im·mo·lat·ing, im·mo·lates
To kill as a sacrifice.
To kill (oneself) by fire.
To destroy.
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known the listing, but I'm still waiting to listen to the songs Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TheTennisBallKid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An almost review of the soundtrack...

ttbk
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTennisBallKid wrote:
An almost review of the soundtrack...

Hah! My favorite part of that review:

Quote:
AK: My brains fell out.

::D:

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those in the UK or everywhere else with web access (nipped from RS):

Quote:
Darth Exodus contacted British radio station Classic FM about the Revenge of the Sith sound track to find out that it will be previewed on the Official Classic FM Chart Show. At the moment it is tentatively arranged for April 23rd, sometime between 9am and noon. UK listeners can tune in to FM 100 to 102 or DAB and Sky users on Sky 856, while international audiences can stream the show via the Classic FM website.

I think this is the Classic FM website where you can listen on the 23rd.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
DPrime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah - thanks for the link, but I'm not looking at it!!!

I STILL remember being EXTREMELY pissed off by buying The Phantom Menace soundtrack, and one of the tracks being called "Qui-Gon's Funeral"!!! GOD, was I EVER MAD!!!!! After staying away from all the spoilers, too!

I haven't bought a SW soundtrack since then! Wink
Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of Star Wars sound tracks, I found the episode II soundtrack for £2.49 in tesco today. Didn't buy.
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPrime wrote:

I STILL remember being EXTREMELY pissed off by buying The Phantom Menace soundtrack, and one of the tracks being called "Qui-Gon's Funeral"!!! GOD, was I EVER MAD!!!!! After staying away from all the spoilers, too!

Wow... Between the trailers, LEGO videogame, websites, and the new sets I'm surprised anyone's been able to stay spoiler-free. Wink

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPrime wrote:

I thought people like you only existed in legend! Shocked

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, 3 tracks leaked: 1,3,15. ZOMG. MillenniumFalcon has the link

1) Wow. It doesn't quite strike me as I imagined the space battle, but it does have a tense feeling. Very militaristic, very rigid structure... then it cuts to something else, really tense, around 6:00... like time is running out or something. Wow, I dig this. Not necessarily SW-esque, but it fits what the movie should be.

3) Battle of the Heroes... so much to live up to, I think. Well, it is pretty good. But like I said over at TFN, it seems like it tries to be the "Neodammerung" of SW. The thing about Neodammerung, and even DOTF was that actual lyrics were used, not this simple vocalizing... I think it sounds a bit disjointed with the singers and the instruments. It's friggin awesome at 1:23 or so, and it gets better from there. Too bad it's so short. It's 3:48, but it really ends around 3 minutes. You're kept waiting for that last percussion "explosion" for an obscenely long time. Razz

15) Oh man. OT music... Leia's theme. Wow. Luke's theme. Force theme. chills going down spine. wow, the end credits begin early... just 1:30 into the song. Hmmm, there's really no new music in this track so far... it's the ANH credits. Ah, wait, Battle of the Heroes kicks in at about 4 minutes. It's growing on me. Oh, and it blends into the ANH end ceremony theme. Dang, it sounds so much better than the old versions. Very smooth, but crisp, very easy to listen to. I think it's been extended, because the intro to the ceremony plays again. Then continues with the ANH credits...

Wow, who knew the OT sounded so good?

Last edited by Padawan716 on Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHA?!?!?! holy crap ur rite!!! man these tracks are god like no wait, beyond god like!!!

Big thanks to Darth Psycotic at MF.com!!
http://thepsychotic.web1000.com/

download them there
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anakin Vs Obi-wan is an insane track. Shocked
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i whole-heartedly agree!! this is my favorite song for star wars ever now!! finally the one song that beats imperial march (btw did u catch the harry potter feel at about 2:38? blends in great with the song! Very Happy )

the last track is exactly the way i imagined how the song ending the star wars saga would be Very Happy man good thing i stayed up late!
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2:38 of Anakin vs Obi-wan? I didn't know that was similar to any HP music... but it is really amazing. I like it.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its like from 2:38 to 3:00 it sounds sorta like a excerpt from a harry potter song, but its kool though! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Whoa . . . Reply with quote

How much you wanna bet a couple separate thread on this same subject will appear by morning?

BotH had waaaay too much hype to live up to. It's nice, but just as you get into it and expect an utter orgy of brass it is cut short from 2:59 to 3:06. The human chorus definitely makes it appropoately titled "Battle of the Heroes". My god. I can feel the galactic implications of the clash of two titans just from the chorus. A rousing and emotional, totally appropiate theme for the Ultimate Duel. However, it comes up way short of Duel of the Fates and rightfully so, DotF stands alone as the theme of the PT. I dont know but at times during this track I felt like saying--in a thick Gorbachev accent--"For Mother Russia!"

The opening crawl was the best PT track Ive heard since DotF. Anything remotely close for the PT would be Track 14 of Episode I: Droid Invasion and Track 13 of AotC: Confrontation with Count Dooku/Finale. Absolutely superb. The only battle music that can hold its own against the tracks of the OT, without re-hashing all the old theme. Youll notice that everything in this track are renditions of PT themes (like TPM Track 5: The Droid Battle at 2:38, AOTC Track 3: Chase Through Coruscant at 3:55). But my favorite example of a PT theme revisited is, without a question, at 5:21 is the Separatist theme (first found in AOTC track 10: Return to Tatooine at 5:51). This theme is so perfectly done. The same menacing melody with a sense of urgency thrown into it. Just beautiful.

Ill stop writing now becaise I see that track 9, Obi Wan versus Anakin, has been posted and I want to listen to it without disruption. Ill be back.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi wan vs Anakin is like a orgy to your ears... btw i believe the rest of the tracks are being uploaded rite now, might be up in the moring Very Happy Very Happy
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well well well. I have goosebumps. THe hairs on the back of my nech are standing up. Its so...

BEAUTIFUL!

I can't believe how cool Battle of the Heroes is. It's so very cool, so very epic. And it's not like Lord of the Rings, which is a big plus. Now don't get me wrong, I loved the LotR trilogy, but I think it would be bad rehashed in star wars. Star Wars is more distinct.
Senator Theant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i whole-heartedly agree!! this is my favorite song for star wars ever now!! finally the one song that beats imperial march (btw did u catch the harry potter feel at about 2:38? blends in great with the song! )

Wow. I thought "Obi Wan versus Anakin" was good but not as good as to beat Imperial March. I mean, we're talking about an ultra-classic here, are you sure you want to go that far? Besides I dont see much in this song that is truly original, other than a blend of Battle of the Heroes (Track 3) and a complete repeat of The Clash of Lightsabers (ESB @ 0:41). Other than that, nothing really new. But if youre into it, hey all power to you!
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna go that far, this song is very appealing to me!! i mean im gonna be listening to this song while watching obi wan and anakin fight to the death, iam litterally gonna cry when i see that

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, all power to you. That's awesome that you able to visualize everything playing out. I have no doubt that Obi Wan versus Anakin will look friggin great on screen but I dont think it can make the music any better. If anything, its the other way around: music makes the visuals look better.

In any case, Anakin versus Obi Wan isnt what I thought it would be. Now I am eagerly awaiting the leaking of Track 5: General Grievous. John Williams always excels at creating such complimentary themes for all the characters, I am most interested to see where he goes with this one.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the general grevious one is the one that was on hyperspace then yah, i wanna hear that one too Smile
Newshound

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided not to listen to the soundtrack. I want it to be a surprise for when I see the film.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok the whole entire soundtrack is now out!! man this thing sounds sooooooooooo damn good!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anakin's Dream contains a nice rendition from Across the Stars but thats about it.

Anakin's Betrayal (Track 4): The first that came to my mind when I was hearing this song is that it sounded like something from Schindler's list. I can only imagine was going on in the film.

General Grievous (Track 5): West Side Story version of the Separatist Theme. John Williams excels at theme songs and this one is no exception. As always, Williams incorporates alot of percussion and shrill brass for parts that deal with mechanization, as they mentioned in the review. Alot of Grievous' theme sounds like AOTC Track 3: The Chase through Coruscant.
TheTennisBallKid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the CD pre-ordered, and all the tracks downloaded. Starting up the main titles now...

Wow! It moves right into the battle(?), love the Force theme here. I can imagine this coming right after the last Clone Wars episode...

2: Like the use of Love Theme From Attack Of The Clones...

4: This probably Lament from the HS reports.

ttbk
Samurai Moose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: ROTS Soundtrack Listing Reply with quote

Obi-wan Jimboski wrote:

No knowing what Immolation meant, I took a trip to Dictionary.com...

immolation

n : killing or offering as a sacrifice

im·mo·late tr.v. im·mo·lat·ed, im·mo·lat·ing, im·mo·lates
To kill as a sacrifice.
To kill (oneself) by fire.
To destroy.

And, may I add; Immolation is a band. and a good one at that. Their CD "Unholy Cult" is friggin amazing.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: