FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few things...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allaboutgarrett

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: A few things... Reply with quote

MOC 1:
A graveyard diorama.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=106978
Until I can figure out how to resize them, big pictures.

MOC 2:
Miniland sculptures. Mike (Count Blockula) wearing a afro and Odie, from Garfeild.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=104600

A red, white, and blue cube I made...
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=107602

All have big pictures.I say "sorry" to the dial-up users, because, as I stated earlier, I have yet to find a way to downsize my pictures, other than paint, which seriously alters the pics.

Comments and critisizm welcome.
brickfrenzy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are numerous ways to resize pictures with free software. The one I use at work for quick 'n' dirty resizes is called IrfanView. It's a great deal easier to use than Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro (my graphics software program of choice) because it has a limited featureset. But it will allow you to resize images, which will make people much much happier.

If you want something a little more robust, but still free, you could try Gimp. It is a full-feature graphics editing suite, but may take a little time to pick up.

I think that the MOCs, from what I can see, look interesting. The odie sculpture is cute. but they're too blurry. My advice for you is thus: Get or build a tripod (sitting your camera on a pile of bricks works), and make sure you're within the focus range of your camera's lens. That will eliminate the blurriness. Second, resize the pictures as explained above. Third, remember you have a digital camera. You don't have to post the first picture you take. You can take dozens of pictures until you get the right one, then post it.

Presentation of your creations has a huge effect on how well they're received, and it's the one that's most frequently ignored. And this is for everybody, not just you, by the way. I get preachy when it comes to poorly composed pictures. You may have the greatest creation since the invention of the brick, but if your photographs are crap, we'd never know it.

I apologize for the verboseness. I'll get off the soapbox now.
BigDog

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you may be able to change the size of pictures your camera takes also...assuming your using a digital camera.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brickfrenzy pretty much hit the nail on the head, Garrett; it's hard to offer good feedback on MOCs with blurry pictures. Ian started an excellent thread on photography over at the temp forums, but I'm not sure it got ported over here. At least do the tripod thing. Second priority would be to shrink them pictures down. One quick solution is to crop them, and you CAN do that in MS paint. Most of your picture isn't LEGO, so go all french revolution on it i.e. "chop chop" Very Happy

that said, I'd really like a good look at your Garfield miniland figures, and the other one looks interesting too.
Iare Zombite
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, the brighter the surrounding area is, the faster the digitial camera can take pictures, the less blurry it is.

You could use couple of 60 watt regular bulbs. Shine both at your creation, at different angles. It should help.

Cake is NOT A LIE!!!
(Yes, the virus worked on me somehow... Razz )
allaboutgarrett

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always shine a lamp at whatever I'm photographing.

Bad news, guys...I took all of them apart.Razz

yeah, I'll try that software.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: