FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a reason I can't watch Clone Wars in Canada???

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DPrime

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Is there a reason I can't watch Clone Wars in Canada??? Reply with quote

Apparently cartoonnetwork.com doesn't consider Canada to be in North America, so I can't watch it online...

Rolling Eyes
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i know is here in Toronto, you had to have a cable pkg which includes Teletoon to watch the 1st season.

Haven't had time to check the TV guide for the new episodes, but Teletoon DID show every episode of SW Clone Wars Season I (w/ multiple repeats too) a while back.

Can't remember if they showed it in the same time frame as CN did. It may have been delayed or something they way most US cable shows are up here. It's all a blur now that the DVD is out...
DPrime

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I remember it popping up back then... but nothing right now, or am I mistaken?
CloneZomberor
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teletoon did show season 1 up here, but they only began showing it after the initial run had finished in the states. at least that was my experience. As to why we can't watch it on the internet? I have no concrete idea, but it's fairly obvious that we of the frozen north are shafted in a big way by a lot of companies. IE: anyone remember the Mini TIE and how us Canadians had to beg our american friends to help us get one? How about exclusives for toys that will only be available in the states? I'm speaking of the Albertsons promotion here.

(ΞΞΞΞΞ)><@><||(=======================================
Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to go to StarWars.com as they have all the nw episodes to view online. Horray!
CloneZomberor
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if you have the money and are willing to pay for an overpriced product like hyperspace ...

(ΞΞΞΞΞ)><@><||(=======================================
Blacktron Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Silly Teletoon Reply with quote

From what I understand, Teletoon has the rights to broadcast the Clone Wars in Canada, but they aren't going to show it until May (boo!). I have just downloaded the small version from starwars.com. Since I don't have cable, I'll have to survive on that.

btw, I sent a message to the cartoon network on their feedback form informing them that Canada is part of North America. Aparently they haven't bothered to change things though.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloneEmperor wrote:
Yeah, if you have the money and are willing to pay for an overpriced product like hyperspace ...
they're free. Just small.
Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got all the episodes from StarWars.com, and I didn't have to be a 'Spacer. The size was small, but you could see everything. Give it a try.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: