FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Clone Trooper Bot

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim_Deering

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: The Clone Trooper Bot Reply with quote

Hello all,

Presenting my newest bot,

Humanoid replicant disobeying holonet transmissions?

Are you tired of feeding those lazy Jango Fett wannabes?

Then you need the all new CTB-01.

I always thought the Clone Trooper minifigs looked silly with their large helmets. So while building a bot i put the CT helmet on it just to see how it looked, turned out looking pretty good.

Time for the comments and the constructive criticism to be had.

-Tim
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting concept. The helmet does fit the bot by scale. I like the use of dark blue accents. The rocket launcher is pretty sweet. But overall, it has an awkward feel to it. I think the arms may be too long or the shoulders not broad enough.... I'm not sure how that could be fixed, if at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sklar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I am quite keen on this style of 'bot, the CloneTrooper bot doesn't quite look right to me. The body is somewhat square (due to the studded parts), and the Clonie's helmet is more sleek. They just don't seem to go well. Although, the Clonie helmet does fit much better scale-wise on this bot than it does on the minifig.
Tim_Deering

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan716 wrote:
An interesting concept. The helmet does fit the bot by scale. I like the use of dark blue accents. The rocket launcher is pretty sweet. But overall, it has an awkward feel to it. I think the arms may be too long or the shoulders not broad enough.... I'm not sure how that could be fixed, if at all.

I just had to use the dark blue on something, and thought this would be the perfect use. I was happy with how gun turned out, I'm not much for making guns for minifigs and shooters on my spaceships, so it was all new to me. The arms are quite long, i was hoping to balance it out by adding those dkblue 1x1 dots on the feet Very Happy

Sklar wrote:
he body is somewhat square (due to the studded parts), and the Clonie's helmet is more sleek. They just don't seem to go well.

Glad you like it. I agree about the body, I dislike the studs on it but I love those teeth. I'll look into ways of making the body match the sleek ways of the helmet.

-Tim
roguebantha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, bit of ARC trooper about him....

Gotta love those new tooth bricks!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: